Scared =( miscarriage fears *Updated*

princessweaz

Reaction score
So i found out 2 weeks ago I was pregnant again with my second baby! Currently 6 weeks and 1 day. Wasn't planned but definitely happy, my early christmas present. I have a 6 year old and had no problems with him when I was pregnant, so I expected it to be the same this time....
Well friday morning I woke up with a little spotting, was a very small amount so I didn't worry too much but i went into my doctor and he did an exam, cervix closed and took my hcg levels, which seemed pretty high 23000 :wacko:. He scheduled me to come in today to have the numbers rechecked. Well I never made it, I woke up this morning, went to the bathroom and gushed dark brown blood. It was alot... so i was went to the ER right away. They did another exam, cervix still closed. They took my blood again and did an ultrasound. After hours of waiting.. and my hopes completely gone, I finally got the results. I was told my hcg number had went up to 45000 which they said was a good sign, and they got a heartbeat on ultrasound! 109, which they said was ok. Told me everything looked good and to follow up with my OBgyn in 2 weeks. I had convinced myself this morning i was definitely having a miscarriage after seeing that much blood, so now I don't know what to think. I still have all the symptoms, sore breasts, tiredness, and cravings... But i am afraid something is still wrong. Need some reassurance? Is it possible I can bleed that much and still not miscarry?

I have heard alot of women who have your numbers sound good and seeing a heartbeat is a great sign i really hope its just cervix irritation or something, have you bd before any of the blood? Fx for you that all stays good

Yes Hun I believe so there are so many stories from the ladies on this forum who this happened to and everything turned out ok. Your hcg is rising AND they heard the heartbeat! Those are the two biggest positive signs you can have. Do a thread search (you'll feel so much better) on bleeding and see what similar experiences are out there. Happy and healthy 9 months to you!

yeah i did 2 days before both times i ended up bleeding, which i assumed was what caused the spotting, but after seeing so much blood this time i have a hard time believing thats all it is =s idk what to think.

As pandi said there are many women on here who have had spotting amd there preg are still right on track and brown blood is usually a better sign than bright red. Like i said really hoping all stays fine

Bleeding stopped after that for 4 weeks and I thought I was in the clear. At 10 w 4 days I started having a little brown spotting again, I wasn't worried but I told my dr and he didnt' seem to worried either. Later that night I started having light cramps... got really worried and went back to ER. Did an ultrasouind and hcg test, hcg had dropped to 5000 =( and ultrasound showed baby had not grown at all since last visit. Doctor said it was a miscarriage and sent me home and told me follow up in few days, said I might have some bleeding and cramps like a period..... Not even close -.- Worst 2 days of my life, blood quickly became extremely heavy and bright red, was sure I was going to pass out, cramps became so horrible i couldn't do anything but lay in pain. Finally after 2 days of heavy bleeding I passed what I'm sure was the baby =( Immediately after that cramps stopped completely and blood slowed down. I guess it just wasn't meant to be =/...
I hope none of you have to go through this, such a horrible experience.

Bleeding stopped after that for 4 weeks and I thought I was in the clear. At 10 w 4 days I started having a little brown spotting again, I wasn't worried but I told my dr and he didnt' seem to worried either. Later that night I started having light cramps... got really worried and went back to ER. Did an ultrasouind and hcg test, hcg had dropped to 5000 =( and ultrasound showed baby had not grown at all since last visit. Doctor said it was a miscarriage and sent me home and told me follow up in few days, said I might have some bleeding and cramps like a period..... Not even close -.- Worst 2 days of my life, blood quickly became extremely heavy and bright red, was sure I was going to pass out, cramps became so horrible i couldn't do anything but lay in pain. Finally after 2 days of heavy bleeding I passed what I'm sure was the baby =( Immediately after that cramps stopped completely and blood slowed down. I guess it just wasn't meant to be =/...

I hope none of you have to go through this, such a horrible experience.

I'm so very sorry!! I had a mmc in 2012, worst experience of my life. Many hugs to you! Brighter days will come!!

That sounds like a very scary couple of days :-( I find out on the 4th if my bean is ok... I had a similar bleed at 5weeks 6 days

Yes my miscarriages (especially the first) were the worst experiences of my life. :( so sorry. Hope you get a rainbow baby soon if that is what you want. <3

Really sorry to read your news. Sending you lots of hugs.

I am so sorry you have had to go through this. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->