Scared my second baby will be premature, do I have a weak cervix

littlebud25

Reaction score
Hi there
Just wanted some advice from anyone who has had a premature baby really, I was pregnant last year and my son came 9 weeks early, was a very hard time with him being in Nicu and I got post natal depression afterwards, that all said we are thinking of having another one but dont know the reasons why my first was prem, not sure if I have a weak cervix
I did see a gyno person who was rubbish so wondering if anyone can talk from experience and tell me what I can do, can I ask for a stitch is it bad help!!
I just want to have another baby but am sooo scared of not being able to carry full term
xx

Hi

Ive had 3 premmie babys so i know what you have been through, mine come early due to placenta abruption which cannot be controlled. I am now pregnant again and im being referred early to the hospital, all my care will be under a consultant not with midwifes and i will have regular scans. Its not saying your next baby will be early you may not have any problems at all next time, when you do get pregnant they will keep a closer eye on you and you will have more appointments. xx

Ah thankyou for your email, you are brave to have had 3 already! hope all goes smoothly with you
best wishes x

Hi
I have the same worries, our LO arrived 6 weeks early and we're not sure why. I just hope that if I am lucky enough to get pg again they will keep a close eye on me and give me regular cervical scans. I know exactly how you feel though xx

thankyou for responding, it is worrying and I dont think my husband appreciates it as he wont be the one carrying the little one and having to look after a toddler at the same time!
best wishes x

thankyou for responding, it is worrying and I dont think my husband appreciates it as he wont be the one carrying the little one and having to look after a toddler at the same time!
best wishes x

The other thing which worries me is that I would want to spend as much time as possible in Special Care (if it came to that), but obviouly would not want to be away from Poppy either. I guess there is no point in us worrying about something which might never happen :blush:

yep that is exactly how i feel and my husband is in the forces and away all the time so th pressure would really be on! In the back of my mind I know im mad but really want a brother or sister for Beau my son x

it may be that you have a shortened cervix. I was told i did at 22 weeks and that I am a high risk for preterm labour, they have been constantly measuring my cervix every other week now to see if it has shortened anymore (which it has been). I have been given the steriod injections earlier this week and have been using progesterone pessaries for about 2 months now. I believe they have helped a lot.
I think i was diagnosed too late to be given a stitch as they usually do it quite early in the pregnancy. however I have read online that the stitch doesn't 100% work and there is a risk of infection. however if there's a good chance it can help keep your bubba in longer then it's worth it. I would just research a lot about it before you got it done.
but for now its just me, the pessaries, the steriods and bubba! (and my partner waiting nervously, bless!).
good luck and i hope everything goes fine for you, you never know this pregnancy might have no problems at all they are all different. xx

I had my LO 7 weeks early and are now pregnant with #2 and this is really playing on my mind as so far I have had the same problems(bleeding/blood clot in the womb) as i did with my 1st,Im wondering if this is linked to premature birth, they didnt give me a reason why my 1st was early so Im hoping this one gets to full term.
I too have been put under consultant led care this time, so hopefully they will keep a closer eye on me.
fx

You know, my sister never carried full-term. With any of her three kids. And they're all fine. Beautiful little children, as I'm sure yours is..and will be:happydance: I was with her the whole road with her first, and yes, I can empathize with how difficult seeing your little one in NICU is, but no matter how difficult, the little ones always seem to make it through and be stronger for it:thumbup: No matter, you, and your little ones, will be fine. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->