Scared myself to death looking at symptoms online.... *BOWEL MOVEMENTS*

TwilightAgain

LTW for our LO <3
Reaction score
This is kind of embarrassing but I need advice.........

I'm scared to death. The past couple of hours i've noticed that when i'm going to the toilet to pass stools that they contain blood. Also, i'm getting a thick bloody yellow discharge from my rectum which doesn't smell at all pleasant. I can't get to a doctor for at least another week - I know i'm going to worry myself silly until I do get to one.

So I decided to look up my symptoms online.......

If the bleeding is dark red, or in clots, or mixed with a lot of slime, or mixed in with the faeces, it could be a more serious condition (such as colitis, diverticular disease or cancer of the rectum or colon) that needs prompt treatment.

Seriously, i've totally freaked myself out. Has anyone had this before? :( It only started a few hours ago. I'm literally pulling my hair out!

I've already booked my train tickets home for monday, they aren't refundable, I don't know whether or not I should forget them and get to a doctor this week or what. What would you do? I guess its common sense that I should go see a doctor, but I can't afford any more train tickets :(

I feel like crying because i'm scared :cry:

EDIT: And something else which is bothering me is that it is the second most common kind of cancer a women is diagnosed with, and it says 35,000 per year in the UK are diagnosed with it.....i'm only 19 :cry:

EDIT: I've requested a call back from the NHS from using their symptom checker. But still, if anyone has any advice or anything which they think could ease my mind or what not can you please let me know!

Also, i've decided to not go home on monday. Doctors is more important, sod the train tickets!

I don't have any really great advice or comforting words, but I always think I have various forms of cancer (weird, I know). I've looked up a lot about it and it's SUPER rare for someone your age to have cancer. The chances of it being cancer are soooooooo slim. It doesn't mean that you still shouldn't get it checked out as soon as you can.

I went through something similiar last year. was convinced it was cancer, had awful pains and then noticed mucus and blood after wiping, I ended up going for a colonoscopy but always remember the consultant at the time saying in people my age (27 at the time ) that he would see something other then piles in only 1 in 100. And of those 1 in 100 it would be something like colitis. It is EXTREMELY RARE to have that cancer so young UNLESS you have a few relatives who got that cancer at your age or a bit older, if not please put it out of your head it's cancer.

Google can make you think you have anything. Please try not to use it. I have been taking my own advice lately as I had myself self diagnosed with everything.

In the end I was diagnosed with hemaroids and IBS. IBS can cause mucus and hemaroids can cause the blood.

I went through something similiar last year. was convinced it was cancer, had awful pains and then noticed mucus and blood after wiping, I ended up going for a colonoscopy but always remember the consultant at the time saying in people my age (27 at the time ) that he would see something other then piles in only 1 in 100. And of those 1 in 100 it would be something like colitis. It is EXTREMELY RARE to have that cancer so young UNLESS you have a few relatives who got that cancer at your age or a bit older, if not please put it out of your head it's cancer.

Google can make you think you have anything. Please try not to use it. I have been taking my own advice lately as I had myself self diagnosed with everything.

In the end I was diagnosed with hemaroids and IBS. IBS can cause mucus and hemaroids can cause the blood.

Thanks for replying! I knew before I even googled that it was going to come up with some kind of cancer and me being the worrier I am, I always jump to the worst conclusion.

You have put my mind at ease and I plan on calling the doctor tomorrow! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->