Scared of another premature birth..

Miss_SC

Expecting baby no.2 =)
Reaction score
Hi there. My son was born in August 2007 at just 29 weeks and stayed in the Neonatal Unit for around two months, now though he's healthy, just a bit behind on development. But am currently 12 weeks pregnant with baby no.2 and terrified I'm going to have another premature labour. Anyone any advice? x x

No advice I'm afraid hun, just didn't want to read and run.

:hug:

Have you read the thread https://www.babyandbump.com/premature-babies/13638-preterm-labour-signs-symptoms.html? This might be more helpful to you.

Lots of luck with your pregnancy xxxx

Hi. Congratulations on your pregnancy! I have no real advice I'm afraid as it is something I am also worried about (Poppy was born at 34 weeks and was in special care for 2 weeks). I am not pregnant yet but would like to try for another baby fairly soon but the thought of having another baby who may have to spend time is special care really scares me (especially as now we have Poppy it would be harder to spend quite so much time visiting SCBU).

Do you know why you gave birth prematurely? Was it for any medical reason that they may be able to keep a closer eye on? I presume that you are receiving an increased level of antenatal care with this pregnancy? All I can say is TRY not to worry as it won't do you or the baby any good. Just try and enjoy the pregnancy and with any luck, this one will last the course and make it to at least 37 weeks :hugs:

:hug:babe....glad he was ok.

Was there a reason for him being born early? That will have a lot of bearing on whether you're at risk of another prem baby.

I have gone into prem labour with all of my children and the 1st two didn't survive but there doesn't seem to be a reason. Drs say my womb is "irritable" and so starts contracting very easily but that's all they've said.

Congratulations on your pregnancy and hope all goes well:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->