• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Scared of giving birth

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey girl,

I know i've only just found out and i'm only around 5weeks, but last night i suddenly felt really scared that i was going 2 have to give birth aswell, its like i really cant wait 2 have are baby, but i keep thinking about how much pain i will be in and i keep thinking i bet it will happen in the middle of the night, Had any one else felt like this??

This is my first baby too and im also beyond scared to give birth !
I pray its fast and easy !

I don't know why but I'm not scared. Maybe because I havn't thought about it alot lol

This is my first and feel very calm about the birth. It's about the only part I am calm about.People will tell you their horror stories but everyone is different and deals with it differently. I plan to try to get through it with as little pain relief as possible. When you think women have been doing it for thousands of years with no pain relief and animals often give birth to many at a time I feel quite relaxed about it because it's pain but a natural, non harmful one.

It scared me a lil at the star but in the end I was just a little nervous - you start loving you bump as well as aches an pains you want it to be over for both reason. Once there you have a couple of pain relief options so don't worry yourself over this. Its certainly an experience of life but I'll be doing it again ;)

I would be so scared too! I just put that part out of my mind for now and will worry when I actually get pregnant. :)

yeah i think i just shouldnt think about it 4 now, i'll think about it when i'm working out a birth plan. or chat 2 my mid wife when i meet her

Oh i was beyond terrified of giving birth LOL. I worried and worried and worried NONSTOP about it! BUT ya know- it really wasnt as bad i thought it was going to be... granted i was drugged up and its all fuzzy but i do remember most of it. The pain- yes it hurts but i got an epi so i was in pain for MAYBE an hour if that and once i got the epi- it was a piece of cake! If i had not have had problems in the 3rd tri- i would totally do it all over again bc like i said- i made it out to be worse than what it turned out to be :o) But really- please enjoy your pregnancy! It goes by SO fast and I wish i wouldnt have been such a worry wart about it!

This is my second and the moment i found out i thought 'OH F**k it has to get out! what did i do?' but by the time you due date is here you will be doing everything you can to start it off to meet your baby. It is bareable and your mum did it and so did your grandmother! It is also what we were made to do so don't panic and dont listen to other horror stories :)

It hits some woman quicker then others, I was about 24 weeks when it started to hit me and the fear has got worse as me and pain don't mix lol x

I think about it,too.

I try to keep in mind being afraid is the last feeling you want to have. I try to envision myself having an empowering and joyful childbirth experience instead of ones like in the movies.

Thanks for all your experiences. im trying to tell myself exactly the samething it wont be so bad ! thats what pain meds are for and i intend to have them ! LOL
And it also help to be able to have people in the same boat as you ! I think anyhow

I'm starting to worry about it now. I'm more worried about having a big baby and tearing or needing to be cut. :shock: I am also worried because some people have told me that they had complications with their epidural, so I'm confused on what meds I want.

This is one thing that I really worry about too, definately scared. My OH son was a big baby almost 10lbs so I'm hoping this one won't be that big.

There's nothing we can do about it now :) , so no point worrying too much, of course i dont want to be in pain but nothing much i can do about it now except say bring on the pain relief!

There's nothing we can do about it now :) , so no point worrying too much, of course i dont want to be in pain but nothing much i can do about it now except say bring on the pain relief!

that is very true lol.

I'm intentionally not thinking about it because it scares the crap out of me!!

with my first, i got to the point where i was so scared and het up about it that i gave myself panic attacks lol, and in the end, it wasnt anything to get worried over. It's painful, no one's denying that, but then again, it's what you have to go through to get that beautiful bundle at the end. With all the pain relief there is out there, and the support of family or/and friends during the labour, it's really not that bad. Just try not to think about it lol.

I feel the same way.. it hit me today when I was looking at cribs. I have a teenager but I don't remember what it felt like - I know the first time was not bad. I was sitting here wondering if I'm the only one - thank God for this site!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->