Scared of movement

wrapunzel

mama of four
Reaction score
This is baby #2 and for some reason I'm spending an enormous amount of emotional energy each day worrying about and dreading "the quickening". I have a 24" waist, 26" rib cage so as soon as the baby is like potato size I'm gonna start feeling him/her and that sensation is not going to end until birth.

My daughter was super active in the womb and I could feel/hear her joints pop. I don't know if I'm ready to share my body like that again :nope: has anyone else been through this? am I going to feel more okay with it when it actually happens?

I'm sure you'll be ok! Not really a lot you can do about it at this point to be fair .. :-/ baby is going to grow & start moving.. but it's ok, that's a good thing! You want to feel baby move and know everything is ok! I've spent a good portion of the second half of my pregnancy slightly on edge about not feeling enough movement! Its not something that will hurt you more than superficially if they jab you particularly hard! Babies movements are a killer these days for me but I also love them and would rather feel uncomfortable than have her suddenly go quiet!
I'm sure once you start to feel baby, you'll be more excited than anything else that baby is all ok & bopping away in there!

You may find that you already have a bit more room in there (even though you're small) with the second baby, and things don't feel quite so invasive or whatever once baby starts moving. But I agree with Sonny, you can't avoid it, and it's actually a blessing to experience the movements, as it means baby is alive and well in there, as a reassurance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->