Scared of not seeing baby on Ultrasound :( Need support...

Peachbaby4008

Reaction score
I had a previous mc and found out at our ultrasound when my doctor couldn't find baby. The imagine is burned into my mind.

Now, I am 5w3d pregnant and terrified!! My first ultrasound is scheduled for March 13th. I'm scared because I read way to much into everything on the internet. I am on another forum and it seems like a lot of the girls also die in October found out their pregnancy is ectopic or blighted ovum etc. Makes me worry because it seems so common. I have PCOS, and we got pregnant on our second cycle of clomid. So far everything as been so smooth (KNOCK ON WOOD) I almost feel like it's going to well and something is wrong :/

I'm also freaked because I hardly have any symptoms. My nips are sore and sometimes I get cramps in my back and light pinches in my lower sides. :/

Ugh! I cannot shake this feeling. I cannot get happy about baby at all :'(

so sorry for all your worry. I completely understand as I also was shown a basically empty sac for my last pregnancy :( I really think you are just fine! 5+3 is too early to see a baby/heartbeat. At this point you should see a sac and a yolk. Also, it is completely normal not to have any symptoms right now. In fact I think the majority of women don't get any symptoms until week 7 or so. I hope you can have another scan very soon and see your little one's heartbeat so you can take a deep breath and enjoy your pregnancy. :flower:

That feeling of uncertainty is awful. It's hard to be confident until you see a wiggling baby with a strong heartbeat! If it makes you feel better, I am also due in October and so far things are going smoothly. I hope you have a very happy and healthy nine months.

Thank you ladies. It eases my mind a bit! I just wish time would fast forward and I see my little pumpkin.

My symptoms didn't hit until week 6 and then they got steadily worse :sick:

Reading these forums is brilliant in one way because they offer support, keep you in touch with other people going through the same things as you, give you a chance to talk about babies when you may not be able to do so yet with friends and family.

BUT, they also offer a high concentration of pregnant women, and sadly some do go on to have problems. It's just that it seems so much more common because of how many pregnant ladies there are here, it skews the averages so to speak.

Please try not to worry, although I am so aware of how much easier said than done that is. I went to my scan absolutely positive there was going to be nothing there and seeing the baby was a big shock but incredibly happy. I'm still worrying about the next one though and I think that that's the problem with pregnancy - there will always be the next thing to worry about but if we allow the worry to take over we will spoil what should be an incredibly happy time.

x

I'm right there with ya honey! I'm somewhere between 5-6 weeks myself with my first pregnancy and I'm freaking myself out big time. A friend of mine just had her first ultrasound two days ago and there was no heartbeat :( so so sad.

It took us almost 2 years and we finally got pregnant on round 3 of Femara. Now I'm so scared it's too good to be true. Out first ultrasound is on Tuesday and I'm simultaneously so excited and so terrified of it.

But I feel like all I can really do at this point is to trust in my higher power and believe He is in control and that whatever happens is how it needs to be. Also, trying to tell myself that worry or not won't change the outcome so I may as well focus on the happy and assume everything will be fine. Way easier said than done but that's what I keep trying to tell myself!

Well at 5 weeks, you won't see a baby, but you should see the sac and a tiny little bean. Just remember not to expect much as it's so early.

Just a question that popped in my head as I was reading your post. Are you getting your blood work done to check your HCG and Progesterone levels? I just know that those are important things to monitor with PCOS =)

And even though it's harder than we all know, try your best to not worry too much. As long as you're doing all that you know you can do on your part to ensure your baby is healthy, the rest is out of your hands =) I went for a scan at 6w and only saw gestational sac and yolk sac and a ~hint~ of a heartbeat. Went back yesterday and could definitely catch glimpses of the bean (uterus was moving a lot so he kept coming in and out of view) but got to see the heartbeat flickering away! =)

I can't thank you guys enough! Reading your posts te kind words make so much if a difference! You are right. I should be happy for the moment and except the things I cannot change!! I'll try to stop worrying so much but it's easier said then done.

Just a question that popped in my head as I was reading your post. Are you getting your blood work done to check your HCG and Progesterone levels? I just know that those are important things to monitor with PCOS =)

And even though it's harder than we all know, try your best to not worry too much. As long as you're doing all that you know you can do on your part to ensure your baby is healthy, the rest is out of your hands =) I went for a scan at 6w and only saw gestational sac and yolk sac and a ~hint~ of a heartbeat. Went back yesterday and could definitely catch glimpses of the bean (uterus was moving a lot so he kept coming in and out of view) but got to see the heartbeat flickering away! =)

Yup, I had my levels checked twice. Once at 3w4d and it was 33. I went back a week later and it was 1160 at 4w3d

great! and what about your progesterone? Did they check that as well?

great! and what about your progesterone? Did they check that as well?

Unfortunately no :(

He put me on progesterone supplement. Crinone vag gel once daily. I asked about a blood test and he said tht would've prescribed the supplement if it was to low anyhow so I guess he is staying ahead of the game.

Just breathe, I know what you are going through and it's so hard, but trust me when I say that the most likely outcome here is you having a healthy, happy baby. I miscarried my first pregnancy in 2011, and found out when the 13 week ultrasound showed no more heartbeat. I was terrified for my 12 weeks scan this time around but everything was perfect. I know how heartbreaking it is to lose a baby, and how anxious it makes you when you're pregnant again. It's hard, but you're going to get through this and more than likely your little one with be there on that screen at your first scan. I'll be praying for you.

Well the ultrasound day is getting closer and my anxiety is maxed out. Ultrasound is his Thursday. Keep your FX for me!

I understand the worry for sure as I am in a similar boat , wishing for the time to first ultrasound comes soon to make sure that the pregnancy is going well.

But I feel like all I can really do at this point is to trust in my higher power and believe He is in control and that whatever happens is how it needs to be. Also, trying to tell myself that worry or not won't change the outcome so I may as well focus on the happy and assume everything will be fine. Way easier said than done but that's what I keep trying to tell myself!

I love this way of thinking and I hope I can remember it at all times :) thanks for sharing :)

I had my scan Thursday and everything is perfect!! Baby measured exactly and my due date is 10/26. Heart rate is 153! Feeling so blessed but still very nervous!

Thanks for all the support!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->