Scared/Sad for it to be over

GTTC49

Pregnant- Expecting
Reaction score
Does anyone else feel sad/anxious/scared for their first pregnancy to end?
I've enjoyed my pregnancy and I'm scared for it all to be over and for the baby to actually be here. I have all of these fears for when she comes- will I know what to do? how will I feel about myself and my post pregnancy body? will I be a nervous wreck all the time? will anyone still pay attention to me?

I feel selfish for having these emotions when I read that so many women are overly anxious for their due date, and I'm here secretly hoping that I don't go early.

Can anyone relate?

I'm glad I'm not the only one having a little bit of a panic! I'm SO looking forward to meeting our baby boy, but I can't help think to myself... what if I'm rubbish at being a parent?! What if I completely mess this poor kid's life up?! and the worst one... What if I don't like being a parent?!

Tha last one makes me feel sick to my stomach because I really honestly AM SO greatful to have this baby inside of me, I just cannot imagine my life with a baby in it right now :(

I know we'll be fine, I'm sure it's just nerves and a bit of fear... but it doesn't always feel good haha. You're not alone :hugs:

XxX

ive been pregnant for 223 days.. going from that to being a full time new mommy is a huge change and a scary one, as much as i wish time would go quicker, i wish it would slow down as well.. ill miss being pregnant

I feel it's gone very quickly and I'll miss my bump. I'm looking forward to meeting my little boy but I am wondering what on earth you do with a newborn! Somehow I think all the books I've been reading and the classes are not going to prepare me for the reality of a little baby dependant on me for everything, but I'm sure it will be fun learning as we go along.

sorry, exact opposite in my case! I've had a relatively normal pregnancy and am so grateful for that, but as I am petite and baby is big, I've had the usual symptoms but it seems never-ending! My main annoyance is the carpal tunnel in my hands, which means I can't even lie in bed and read a book, do much cooking/cleaning (not too upset about that one, tho), knit, etc., so I think I would enjoy pregnancy more if I could more -- but I can handle the other stuff, sigh....I just want my hands back (I used to paint, write, etc., and now, can barely pick up the cat to pet....)

I cannot wait to meet baby!

best wishes

I have the same feelings, except I can't wait for him to be here and done being pregnant. I still have the same feelings of "will I know what to do?", "what will I do when husband goes back to work." Etc. Etc.

I am going into it with the thought, it's going to happen whether I like it or not and I will have to face the music in the end regardless. Having said that, I won't miss being pregnant for the simple fact that I had such a hard time. x

I'm still sad my pregnancy is over, I feel like I missed out on the best part of it so at least you have that. That said it is pretty funny when people ask me when I am due! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrs.K2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->