scared the my oh wont find me attractive..

v31984

Reaction score
Hya ladies, i guess im just feeling a bit sorry for myself but im really scared of getting fat! ive been pregnant twice before with my 2 sons and managed to stay qite trim and lose the weight after quite easily but this pregnancy feels different already, all i want to do is eat bad stuff where as before all i ate was fruit and veg.. this pregnancy wasnt planned although my oh always said he wants a baby with me, i on the other hand wasnt too keane.. thing is im not getting any younger and its getting harder to keep the weight off this time.. the last thing i want is my oh to go off me.. :nope:

I feel your pain because I know exactly how you feel!! I've lost weight over the past couple of weeks because of morning sickness and my husband has been commenting on how great it is. I've told him that it isn't going to be like this for long as I will ballon! It's sad that we have these pressures but I hope he will start to see what I am doing as a wonderful thing and be more concerned about our baby and not what clothes size I'm currently fitting in to.

This is my first baby and I get scared of that too. Our bodies are going to change though, whether we want it to or not. My OH has insisted that my body will be beautiful all the way through because I am carrying our baby and that I should be proud of my body. I'm glad he's being really positive about it and tells me I'm beautiful every day.

But... even with all the positive behavior on his part, I still can't help but feel scared that one day he'll look at me and be like... UGH!

its after aswell that im scared of, he does try to reassure me that i'll look lovely pregnant (and not fat as i say) but i cant help but think hes just saying that to be nice.. :O(

I think (most) men find pregnant ladies quite attractive. Honestly, I don't think you or any ladies out there should worry about that. Our bodies are doing and giving it's best to work on our little miracles...enjoy every moment, as a positive outlook and attitude re-instate positiveness in our oh/dh :) xx

I think it's normal to be worried about these things. I'm 5'6 and 7.8 stone, so I'm destined to put on a LOT of weight with this pregnancy! I asked my boyfriend if he'll still love me when I'm all fat and gross and he just laughed and said, "You won't be fat; you'll be pregnant. And however you look, I'll think you look awesome, because I love you no matter what.". I genuinely believe him too.

"Your pregnant body is working harder even when you're resting than a nonpregnant body is when mountain-climbing; you just can't see its efforts."

That quote really helped me to put things into perspective over the whole weight thing. Our bodies are doing such an amazingly, mind blowing thing, making an entire human being out of barely anything, so to criticize it for putting on a few pounds seems a bit harsh!

I keep being told it'll all drop off when the baby is here anyway, as a lot of it is water retention. Or maybe they're just saying that to make me feel better! Either way, ladies, please try not to worry about it too much; I'm sure your partner's will still think you're hot! You're giving them a son/daughter, afterall, which will also make them feel very proud when they look at your ever growing bump :] x

yeh, i am on number three and belly definately bigger than before, feeling really sick but when i do eat it is rubbish at the moment, i am hoping to change back to proper balancd diet when i feel better to minimise the belly potential, fingers crossed :)

thanks ladies, i know its silly but i just dont like not being in control (control freak lol).. i need to stop being so insecure it seems.. :O) x

Some men actually find pregnant women MORE attractive...

others..one being my OH does not lol...but he still loves me and cares for me...just prefers me without a bump lol so its a good job its only temp for 9 months ay lol

it doesnt bother me...as i toally understand its a put off for him in sex...as it is for me. but again its fine as its for a VERY good reason ...and ya body near enough goes back to how it was...depends how lucky u are...lol...

he says he finds me attractive no matter what but i think being pregnant makes me really unattractive so i couldnt possibly understand how he could if i dont if that makes sense? x

My husband tells me "you're not fat, you're pregnant" too!

:) But I'm plump anyways. My point is though in my experience, men LOVE the preggo belly. :) It's such a wonderful symbol of fertility!

Take heart ladies!

i think i should just accept it lol and stop feeling sorry for myself.. damn these hormones lol x

I know my hubby loves me regardless of whether I have a bump or not, but I also know that he prefers me without the bump. The first pregnancy gave me horrible stretch marks on my upper thighs, and it really bugs me, where as my hubby doesn't think it's as much of a problem. Luckily, the marks had nearly vanished... and here I am preggo again. I think it's the post-baby-saggy-belly-9-months-to-lose-the-weight thing that really bugs him. Hopefully I won't put on as much weight this time around... I'm trying to eat better (and not as much), but it seems like I put on weight from just breathing.

I'm starting to think I'm very lucky that my husband loves me (and my body) no matter what. Surely you love someone's body because of the person inside it? My husband met me when I was quite a bit slimmer but I know for a fact that he's just as attracted to me now. And I know my pregnancy isn't going to change that.
You're carrying a child! That is so much bigger than stretch marks or tummy flaps! I really think you should realise what an amazing thing you're doing and be more confident about it! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->