Scared to tell boyfriend...

wonders10

Mommy to an Adorable Girl
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have just learned this morning that I'm pregnant! I've taken 3 tests, including a digital using 1st, 2nd and 3rd morning urine lol...all positive!

I'm starting to come out of my shock and really feel excited. This was not planned. My boyfriend and I have been together for 17 months, we live together, and having kids is something I thought we'd do later on, after we were married. He always seems on the fence about having a kid so I'm terrified to tell him. We are in our 30's and both have jobs so it's not like we are teens living with our parents.

Any advice? I'm not doing anything cutesy. Just blurting it out with the tests handy for evidence lol.

I told my sister in law this morning because I just had to tell someone and she was sooooo excited for me/us. She even started crying which is not like her at all. I hope I get a reaction from bf that is half that positive...

Thanks in advance!

He may be nervous or seem shocked at first but give him a little time and he will be super excited. Men just take time but they always come around gl and hope all works out

I'm sure he will come round even if he seems a bit off/shocked at first. It takes two after all! You didn't make a baby on your own :winkwink:

I was petrified of telling my boyfriend. I knew he was working late so drove the 25 miles to his work and waited outside. When he saw me he though I was spying on him. I then started crying and I between sobs managed to tell him that I was pregnant. His initial reaction was harsh but he soon came around. I know he loves me and he is now excited and talks to my belly & refers to the baby as a 'she'.

Something I learnt was to not judge him on his initial reaction - unless it's a good one obviously! It's going to be a shock so let it sink in and I'm sure everything will be okay. :)

I became pregnant unexpected with DD and I found out on our 1 year anniversary. He was out of country for 9 weeks so I had to tell him on skype. He was shocked at first, but soon came around and is a darling daddy. Congratulations and good luck! Xx

he'll be fine perhaps wait till something else is happening and throw it into the conversation
....for me telling my mum will be the scary one :blush:
with my first we went to see her said we had to tell her something and hesitated so much she thought one of us was dying and was relieved when we said baby :winkwink:

Tell him and then wait. Wait to see how he reacts and try really hard not to panic if he doesn't seem happy. Men are odd ducks, and unlike women who have an amazing ability to cope well under stress- men can not. He'll be shocked, but since you guys have been together for a decent amount of time, I'm sure he'll come around to the idea. :hugs:

CONGRATS!!!!

you said your initial reaction was shock and now you are getting excited, so he may react the same so don't be put off if he doesn't jump for joy immediately, he will come around.

He may be less than ecstatic at first but hopefully he won't be upset with you...after all it takes two to tango right lol? It shouldn't come as a complete shock as even when we take bc and use other preventative measures babies happen:flower: Does he have friends with kids? Other couples you all know who have kids? Just focus on how this is normal and a true blessing that came a bit early is all!

we are 19 and 20 living with our parents.....?? and we will be AMAZING parents :D we are getting a place within the next month.. so ya.
you can be young and be a parent... we've been looking for a place for a while. kinda hard right now to find a good place here in our town!!! both with jobs, just haven't found the right place yet!
but if you tell him it wont be as bad as you think.. good luck to ya :) ill be prayin!

My OH's reaction to all of my pregnancies (planned) was to go back to sleep.
I'd just tell him you got something to show him, give him the tests and then give him some space. Don't leave it too long, those digi tests don't keep the print on the screen for long. I'm sure it was only 24 hrs last time I used one.

He'll come around even if he doesn't seem excited at first. I was married, trying for a baby and when I got pregs hubby wasn't excited till baby started karate kicking him in his face....at 20 weeks :wacko: but he's a great dad and loves LO to bits. he was much more excited this time around haha.

Well, I told him! At first he didn't believe me, but then I showed him the tests. Typical man, he was very methodical about it. We will go to dr and they will confirm and go from there. :nope: but he wasn't really believing that the HPTs are pretty accurate these days, especially when I got a positive on 3 different brands. But the more he talked it out, I think he's actually a little excited and happy and scared at the same time...like me. But he mentioned going to doctor appointments with me, not stressing too much (like I do) because it's not good for baby as he pointed to my tummy. So I think it'll take time but he's up for it. I'm curious his reaction to the big visits, like heartbeat and sonograms!

P.S. I didn't mean to offend with the teens at home comment. I really was thinking 15, 16, still in school, etc. heck, I was living with my mom for a few months just a couple years ago while I saved some money so I understand!

Thanks everyone, for your kind words!

Great to hear! He'll be planning with you before you know it!

Sounds like my hubby. Wait until the first sono. He'll be proud as hell. He's reaction actually sounds good to me for a man. Men!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->