Scared to TTC again! :\

Buddysmum89

proud mum of Seb & Lilith
Reaction score
I know im probably being ridiculous and stupid over nothing but im actually really scared to TTC for my second baby whist the journey would fill most wannabe' mums with joy:nope:

With my first pregnancy (he's 10 months now) I was convinced all the way through until my 20 week scan it was a girl so id began looking up some rather cute frocks and lots of pink and frills only to have my dreams ripped from me when i was told that my baby was a boy:cry:, though thesedays I have gotten used to having a boy and rather grown to love him:haha:, no he's not a girl but me and OH always joked they'd be next time, but things seemed to have swapped themselves right around!..Instead of longing for a girl ive now switched my views completely and now i yearn for another boy!

In around 2 months we've decided to TTC again for our second and last baby, but in my mind im putting it off as im too scared of getting a girl!, i just find that i get on with boys a lot better than baby girls..I just seem them as, well strange i suppose!:blush:..In my family our mums usually have their boys first and then on their second pregnancy they get girls, the only person this didn't happen to was my mothers mum who got a girl first then had 3 boys later on and then OH's side his mum had a mix and has 2 of each!

I know id be absolutely devastated if i got a girl next time around as it will be our last child and the fact of my son having a little brother will dwindle to nothing more than a pink frock! :(..Trying to assure myself that it could be totally different to me isn't working at all :(

Im sorry for the waste of a topic i just needed to get it all down and out before i drive myself crazy!:dohh:

Aww.
I just want to say 1st of all once bubby is on your arms regardless of the sex you will love baby and those GD thoughts will go away.
But it's so hard to deal with them during ttc and pregnancy.
I never had a preference with my 1st I was happy to have either. ( I've always wanted sons and daughters ) and he was a boy, he was a suprise but when I fell pregnant with my 2nd, I wanted a daughter but it wasn't like obsessive I was still happy for it to go either way. But when they told me boy at my scan my heart sank and it's was hard to keep away the tears.
I really at that point wanted a daughter. We went and bought a bright blue grow suit and I got over it and bonded with him really well during the rest of my pregnancy and I'm so glad he wasn't a girl. ( they are only 14 mths apart so I think it works better this way ) they are best mates now its its awesome. Full on, but worth it lol
Now ttc number three and I've got to the point where I'm desperate for a daughter, I reall, really want a daughter. Three is the limit for us so it's not that I'd be disappointed in another boy he'd be loved just as much it's just that they'd be no more chances for a girl.
So I'm scared as well, I miscarried in February and I just want a healthy baby.
Fingers crossed for another little man! Are you going to sway?

:hugs: we are all here to support you. I'm having a boy this time (wanted a girl) but I'm getting over it. I'm sure that once he's here (20 weeks) I will have gotten over GD!

I totally understand your love for little boys! I was devestaded learning I was having a son, and now I think they are wonderful! I want another boy (id like all boys) my husband wants a girl, so I hope for him we get a girl, but i would be way over the moon for another mommas boy!! I love seeing women and their family of boys, its so sweet! It sounds bad, but little girls just don't intrest me. I don't really see one and just go "awwwwww" its always the little boys that catch my attention. Talk about a 180 turn!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->