scared when I get to my scan nothings gona be there? :/

stephster1334

Reaction score
Hi all this is my first pregnancy and I'm somewhere between 8 &12 weeks as I had a kinda sorta period that lasted less then a day a month before testing ( silly me I know) my booking appointment isn't even until the 12th Dec, I'm scared when I get to my scan there's going to be nothing there? Is this me going crazy or do other ladies have the same fear??? :/

I'm exactly the same... first pregnancy and just worried it's all a dream!! I nearly want to do a pregnancy test every day to check I'm still pregnant but I think I would still worry even then if they were positive each time that there would be nothing on the scan!!

I'm guessing it's normal... there's just not much happening at the moment to prove I'm pregnant :) I'm feeling nauseous all the time but I'm still worried!!!!

It's completely normal! It won't feel real until you feel your baby kicking you!

With my 1st I had an early scan at 7 weeks due to fertility treatment & even then it didn't feel real. I remember thinking that I thought nothing would be there. Even at the 12 week scan it didn't feel real. I don't think it properly felt real until my daughter was in my arms!!

This time I'm feeling the same & not having an early scan x

Hey it's a normal feeling Hun if your worried you could book a private scan for piece of mind x

Yep. I've had this fear every time. And not just that! But I am afraid of this EVERY time I know I have a scan coming up! With my first, I saw my baby at almost 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 10 weeks, 12 weeks, again at 14 weeks, 20 weeks, and at 35 weeks! (So many because I was TERRIFIED after 18 months TTC) EVERY time, he was perfect and normal. Now, he's almost 2, and I feel so silly for worrying like that... Instead, I'm worrying about my current fetus, as I'll be seeing this baby again for my 20 week scan! Haha

This is also my first pregnancy and I feel the same way. I had a few early scans one @ 5weeks 4 days and another @ 6weeks and 6 days all the early scans were due to the fact that this is an IVF pregnancy I was so scared after reading so many story's of Missed Miscarrages that it was going to happen to me I had a scan today @ 11weeks and 3 days and couldn't stop crying once I saw my beautiful baby kicking and bouncing away. This forum is amazing in so many ways but it also scares the heck out of me sometimes my DH my family and my Doctors feel I should stay off the internet as it causes me to stress and worry over things that I can't controll. I kind of agree becUse I was convinced that something would b wrong with my baby. So I'm gonna read less and learn to enjoy being pregnant I hope all goes well with ur scan and I also hope u can try and worry a little less....... Happy and heathy 9 months to u

I feel the same way - so am getting an 8 week scan (paying for it) to try and make it more real... I am a worrier generally so this is my OH way of trying to ease it - he says it's worth it to save the next 4 weeks of worry - won't stop me of course but I'll stop telling him!! xx

It's perfectly normal, I'm 23 weeks pregnant and on my 7, 9, 13, 18 and 21 week scan I kept thinking what if baby isn't there what if she's disappeared, especially the first scan as not knowing what to expect!

Same here :/ I went at 6 weeks and saw the hb but it's been awhile and I'm scared to go to my 12 week scan and the baby wont be there or wont have grown since my 6 week scan.. I'm 9 weeks tomorrow so the scan is looming closer which excites me but also terrifies me. x

I was worried too, until I borrowed my friends doppler last week :) took a couple of days and different times in the day but I found my baby on the weekend in the morning before I'd gotten out of bed, now I'm reassured that there's actually something in there lol x

First:hugs:

We also didn't have our first scan until 12weeks along! Dr couldn't find baby via doppler the time we went in at 6w. But at 12w we saw him/her on the screen during the ultrasound and found out we have a retroverted uterus and our baby is fine! So we won't be able to hear baby on a doppler until 16+ weeks or later. But we saw baby and it was so beautiful and exciting!

Be patient. Think positive thoughts. Positive energies!:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"