Scared..

Jewls

Reaction score
My mind always kicks into over drive when it's late at night and I'm trying to sleep but my new worry which I can't seem to shake is that I'm scared of giving birth this is my 4th baby however I will be 37 when this baby arrives and I've had 3 pretty straight forward births. Now I'm worried I've used up all my luck and I'm worried that something may go wrong in child birth which will leave my other children without a mother.. I know this is irrational but I litrally worry about everything x

Yes I understand how your feeling my constant worry at night is having a miscarriage again and I can’t sleep at night I’m really scared too your not alone try taking it a day at a time my last miscarriage was at 9 weeks two years ago today I’m nine weeks abs I’m scared I hope all goes well

Hi hun the pregnancy/birth success rate these days with the technology and medicines they have I'm sure your birth will be straightforward as the others! And if not, it could very well be nothing to do with your age! I had my two at 21 and 23, my first birth was textbook, and my 2nd was horrendous, ended up losing so much blood and almost needing a transfusion luckily they stopped it in time, my placenta started tearing away into pieces inside before it had chance to come out, resulted in me having a serious infection with a temp of 41, if they didn't bring the temp down or stop the bleeding when they did, I dont really know if I'd be here today, my body almost shut down.

BUT they did, and me and my son were great and came home 3 days later :)

Anxiety is a horrible thing, and like you I worry about the birth of this baby just incase a similar or worse thing happen. It's not age related that makes pregnancy worse or makes your luck run out, it is literally just chance I believe.

You'll be okay hun, easier said than done, but relax :)

Also one of my closest friends had her baby 2 years ago at 37, it was a csection job, but both were fine and healthy afterwards :)

I had my daughter at 37 and all was fine! I'm going to be 43 this time :o

I'm 39 and pregnant. I had my DD when I was 33 and sadly I lost alot of blood and my placenta had come away in little tiny pieces. I was rushed to theatre and had to have a few blood transfusions but I had pre eclampsia and cholestasis of pregnancy.
I have cholestasis again this time and will nore than likely develop pre eclampsia again but praying that holds off until I'm way into the 3rd tri.
My anxiety has been through the roof all the way through with this pregnancy.
The first 14 weeks I was worried about having a Misscarige and the I just started to relax and I get diognosed with cholestasis so now it's all back to worrying again.
I'm medication tho and will be closely monitored and I will have my baby early.
I find at night is the worst because you just worry about everything.
Let me just tell you that even tho my last labour was really traumatic the hospital staff and doctors and nurses were on the ball and didnt mess around. U will be in good hands hon and I'm sure all will go well.
But I do understand the worry sweety.
I think as mums we never stop worrying

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->