Scared

joeybrooks

Ethan and Leo's mummy
Reaction score
Is anyone else a little scared.

I am NTNP for #1 and whilst OH and I are together a long time and very happy and this is both what we want, I am terrified.

I'm scared that if I am lucky enough to get pregnant that I'll do something wrong or I'll not be able to cope or that I won't be a good parent.

I do tend to think things to death sometimes and have discussed these fears with OH and he has just told me to stop worrying about everything, what happens happens, but I can't get the doubts out of my head.

I work for social services, so I guess I pretty much see the worst case scenarios every day and I panic. I came from a very happy and loving home, as did OH and we have a massive amount of family support, so I suppose when I think about it logically, I don't know why I am worrying, but I just do.

Can anyone see where I am coming from and tell me that they were the same????

Hey,

I can only sympathize. OH and I decided to start TTC and then kind of backed out b/c we got stage fright. I think bottom line is no one is ever really ready. But if you're a stable person once they get here you'll do the best you can and that will be all you can do. I wouldn't worry...I have to remind myself women have been having babies 100,000's of years. In the grand scheme of things, raising children is not easy, but it's doable!

Hey,

I can only sympathize. OH and I decided to start TTC and then kind of backed out b/c we got stage fright. I think bottom line is no one is ever really ready. But if you're a stable person once they get here you'll do the best you can and that will be all you can do. I wouldn't worry...I have to remind myself women have been having babies 100,000's of years. In the grand scheme of things, raising children is not easy, but it's doable!

Thank you for that. DH and I are planning to NTNP (our version of TTC) after our anniversary in August, but lately I've been getting some serious cold feet!! It was just nice to see that maybe that isn't so odd, after all. :hugs:

I think it's totally normal to be scared when you TTC your first. You really have NO IDEA what you're in for, because every pregnancy and baby is different!! I'm trying to embrace that fear and turn it into excitement!

I was the same, I really worried that I wouldn't be good enough and my problem was that I wanted to the perfect mum. But she doesn't exist so I just do my best. To me it sounds like you'll be a wonderful mummy.

You see a lot of bad things through you're work, you won't be like that! Just relax and take things as they come and it'll all be great! :)

I've definitely had those thoughts before. I'm extremely concerned that when I do get my bfp, that it will be at the worst time and I what if about every possible scenario. Usually I just try and think about something completely off topic to just completely erase those thoughts out of my head. I think it's natural to be nervous about things like you were saying-but I don't think you have anything to worry about :)

The problem is that NOTHING can ever prepare you for becoming a parent, and if you work in social services then you probably see the very worst examples of parenting every day. I think it's important to keep in perspective that what you're seeing is bad, with parents that have huge social/mental health problems themselves.

I see worrying about these things as a good thing, if that makes sense. You WANT to be a good parent so it's very likely that you will be :thumbup:

The whole thing terrifies me too. I mean what if you don't like it once the baby is here - it's not like you can return them :rofl:

The whole thing terrifies me too. I mean what if you don't like it once the baby is here - it's not like you can return them :rofl:

I think the exact same, I mean under normal circu
stances all you have to do is keep the receipt, but not this time!

I think the exact same, I mean under normal circu
stances all you have to do is keep the receipt, but not this time!

I used to feel the same way, until my best friend had her son. Now I could pretty much live with her! I always want to be there with them and I stay over a lot so I can get up in the night with him so they can get some rest. Nights of getting spit up on and a screaming baby that won't go to sleep have convinced me that I'll get by :)

You are not alone. I just came off my BCP (last pill was June 5th) It was a little nerve racking to not start the new pack the next Sunday. But you gotta take a deep breath and know that it will all work out. Yes I'm nervous but the odds of us actually concieving this month aren't that great and I'm excited too. The OH is very excited about us having a baby so I just focus on the excited part and not the nervous, scared part. I just think "Whatever happens, happens" and go with that :)

I was the same, I really worried that I wouldn't be good enough and my problem was that I wanted to the perfect mum. But she doesn't exist so I just do my best. To me it sounds like you'll be a wonderful mummy.

You see a lot of bad things through you're work, you won't be like that! Just relax and take things as they come and it'll all be great! :)

I think you meant that there is not just one version of a perfect mom :winkwink:

You are not alone. I just came off my BCP (last pill was June 5th) It was a little nerve racking to not start the new pack the next Sunday. But you gotta take a deep breath and know that it will all work out. Yes I'm nervous but the odds of us actually concieving this month aren't that great and I'm excited too. The OH is very excited about us having a baby so I just focus on the excited part and not the nervous, scared part. I just think "Whatever happens, happens" and go with that :)
Hi, that is a great attitude!!! I was supposed to start my next pill pack on Sunday, but haven't and have all these thoughts/questions in my head now, ha ha. I am going to focus on the "excited" part, like you said, and just be positive. Great attitude, thank you for your post!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->