Scariest Day/Week Ever

americanhoney

Reaction score
I've been spotting throughout my pregnancy so I've kind of gotten used to it. I started have external itching of my loo this past weekend. Well, with it being the holidays I didn't bother calling my doctor as I'm out of town visiting my family for the remainder of the week. Anyway, the itching is worse and I needed Something to help! I called my doctor (talked to the nurse) and they couldn't prescribe anything over the phone so she suggested I go to an urgent care to be seen since I couldn't be seen at my office due to distance. I ended up talking to an OB-GYN nurse that I've known for years who suggested I get monistat 7-day over the counter to use at night. Well, I used it last night and it burned like no other.
I woke up this morning, went to the restroom and everything seemed normal and the itch was a little better. Well, earlier this afternoon I got up and had a huge gush of discharge that was red/brown in color. I panicked and still am!
I rang my doctor again and they still said go to urgent care. After going and discovering they don't do pelvic exams I've driven to another town to be seen. I'm in the waiting room as we speak. I'm freaking out and hoping all is okay with my little one and they can figure out what's going on.
Prayers are greatly appreciated!!

This is so scary, sending you lots of prayers & good luck wishes. Stay strong & update when you know more.
xo.

OMG! I was about to get that today... not now. I'm so sorry!!! I am praying for you and hoping everything is alright!!!! don't stress in case everything is... just try and breath and stay calm.. how far along are you???? im so sorry I know you're scared!!!

Sending lots of love and prayers your way. I hope that your little bean is okay!

I just saw how far along you are.. I'm so sorry. I just said a prayer for you sweetie!!

Sounds very much like my last pregnancy (not the itching, that just sounds like thrush) I had a subchorionic hematoma which bled on and off, sometimes heavy. Thins resolved by 20w and baby was born perfect at 38w. X

That must be so scary! Saying a prayer for your little bean!

You probably just irritated your cervix with the applicator and it mixed with the meds before they came our. Monistat is perfectly safe. Even if something turns out not to be right I don't think it had anything to do with the meds.

Praying everything is fine with ur bubs! Keep us posted!

Thank you ALL for the prayers!
I saw the doctor at the urgent care and he did a pelvic exam, urinalysis and swabbed my loo internally (but he did not do an internal exam if that makes since). Since having pink/red discharge at that point and just wanted to cry. Well, urinalysis showed major bacterial growth and I do NOT have a yeast infection. He used a swab with a yellow tip and if it turns blue it is yeast....well it did not turn blue. He said I have a bladder infection and my ph/hormones has thrown my body for a loop causing some external yeast. No wonder I've had pink/bloody discharge. I've irritated the heck out of my loo sleeping with Monistat in with no yeast infection. I guess it really is best to be evaluated then assume what someone tells you is going on without seeing you is truth.

I've been prescribed Keflex 3 times a day for bladder infection and Nystatin Cream to use externally. I hope this clears everything up and baby hangs on tight. I really do not want to imagine losing my little one! :cry:
It really has been a very stressful day. I'm ready to hit the sheets and pray I wake up tomorrow with no "colored" discharge. :thumbup:

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers ladies. I so greatly appreciate them! :hugs:

Thank you ALL for the prayers!
I saw the doctor at the urgent care and he did a pelvic exam, urinalysis and swabbed my loo internally (but he did not do an internal exam if that makes since). Since having pink/red discharge at that point and just wanted to cry. Well, urinalysis showed major bacterial growth and I do NOT have a yeast infection. He used a swab with a yellow tip and if it turns blue it is yeast....well it did not turn blue. He said I have a bladder infection and my ph/hormones has thrown my body for a loop causing some external yeast. No wonder I've had pink/bloody discharge. I've irritated the heck out of my loo sleeping with Monistat in with no yeast infection. I guess it really is best to be evaluated then assume what someone tells you is going on without seeing you is truth.

I've been prescribed Keflex 3 times a day for bladder infection and Nystatin Cream to use externally. I hope this clears everything up and baby hangs on tight. I really do not want to imagine losing my little one! :cry:
It really has been a very stressful day. I'm ready to hit the sheets and pray I wake up tomorrow with no "colored" discharge. :thumbup:

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers ladies. I so greatly appreciate them! :hugs:

OMG! yay, that is wonderful news!!!!! ill continue to pray!!! :) and I'm so happy everything is fine with the baby :) get some rest!! :) :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->