Scarlett Rose arrived on 27/02/2010 (with pics)

LyndsayLou

Mummy of 1
Reaction score
Well firstly I'll apologise for the very late announcement, I never seem to find time to be on here anymore.:wacko:

So for those who don't want to read my essay the basic info is:

Date : 27/02/2010
Time: 12.09
Weight: 7lb 13oz
Name: Scarlett Rose

Now here is the full story...............

Our baby girl was due on the 18/02/2010 and that day came and went with no signs of her making an appearance. Her head wasn't even engaged :nope:

Thursday 25th February
It all started on the 25/02/2010, me and OH had a little fumble that night :blush: When I went to the toilet there was bright red blood everywhere so I rang labour ward for some advice. As it wasn't my plug they were worried about the loss so we had to go in. It was 11.30pm by this time and we thought it would just be a case of hooking me up to the machines and checking LO was ok before sending us off back home. After we'd been at the hospital for about 3 hours they decided I would need to stay in for moitoring, I just burst into tears I really wasn't prepared to stay in and didn't want OH to go :cry: Well of course he had to go and I was put on the ward. I started getting pains every 15 minutes, they were bearable but very uncomfortable so I got no sleep at all. As she's my first baby I had no idea what to expect so I went to the midwives to ask them if OH could come back because I was convinced I would have baby in a few hours :haha: They were all so nice and assured me that he would not miss a thing and I should try and get some rest.

Friday 26th February
Got up on the Friday morning and had some breakfast, just sat waiting for OH to come with my bag! I had sent him the longest text in the world with everything he should bring. I was also scared that he would sleep through his alarm so I started ringing his phone constantly at about 6am to make sure he was awake!:haha: :haha: When he arrived I could finally have a shower so I did that and we sat round some more waiting for the doctor to come. By that afternoon the contractions were growing further apart and I was so disheartened! At 2.30 I was sent home to try and get some rest. We got home at about 3pm and I just put OH's PJs on and snuggled up in bed, OH was so cute he had got all the pillows and cushions round me and bought me some magazines :hugs: He asked if I minded him going to sort some stuff out at his garage whilst I rested, this was fine with me so off he went. At 4.30pm I went to the toilet and was loosing my plug (trust me ladies for those of you who are still wating for your LOs to arrive you cannot mistake this for anything else!!) and by 5pm I was in agony so I told OH to get home, was horrible being alone.

Between 5pm and 10pm I did many things including having a bath (which really helped), shouted at OH lots, every time I got a contraction I just couldn't help but be mad with him, it was like something out of a soap, one minute I was mad with him then I was saying how sorry I was and blah blah blah. All I can remember thinking was that if it hust that much so early on how was I going to get throuh the whole labour and give birth to her :nope:

We set off back to the hospital and arrived there at 10pm only to be told I was only 2cm dialated :nope: They said if I wanted to go home then I could do but before we had chance to make a decision my waters broke, not sure if anyone else thought this but it was such a nice feeling when they went as if a huge pressure had been taken away! I soon forgot that though becasue my contractions got about 10 times more painful after that! I was sucking away on the gas and air like nobodys business, it didn't help with the pain in any way but I was addicted :haha:

At midnight I told them I needed some stronger pain relief, all throughtout my pregnancy I was determined not to have any drugs but my body was so worn out bacause I hadn't slept since the Wednesday and I was in so much pain that I needed something. They gve me the pethidine injection, the midwife told me that it would not help with the pain but I would feel so high I just wouldn't care. Well she was right about that, I cannot remember anything much from the moment she gave me the injection to the moment it wore off :haha: What I do remember is them bringing me some toast to get my blood sugar levels up but I really couldn't eat, well bless my OH, every 2 minutes he kept bringing the toast over and saying 'come on babe you need to eat the toast' in the end I just screamed 'i don't want the f**king toast, if you're that bothered then you eat it!':haha:

The drugs wore off at about 2am Saturday morning and I had already told the midwife that I would want an epidural, all I wanted to do was to get some rest, I was nearly crying because I was so tired. At 2.30am they gave me the epidural and oh my god ladies it was like heaven. Me and OH then snuggled up with blankets and had such a nice sleep!! Probably more cat napping really but it was so nice to be able to close my eyes even for a few minutes!

Saturday 27th February
I started pushing at 10am, by this time the epidural was wearing off but I was so happy that i'd had chance to rest I was determined to get our little girl out safely so told them I would go without any top up. I was just pushing with every contraction. Then we were told that she was lying in the wrong position and seemed to be stuck, the three chioices were either a section, forceps or the ventouse. The consultant decided he would turn her with the forceps and I would have to have an episiotemy, when OH heard this his eyes just welled up, he was so scared for me :cry:

It was all such a blur then, I remember him turning her and then saying to me that he wouldn't pull her out and I could push her now she was in the right position, I was so hhappy that I just pushed with everything I had and at 12.09pm on Saturday 27th February our beautiful little girl entered the world. OH was just kissing me and saying she's here, you've done it and he was crying and I was overwhelmed.

It was the most amazing and emotional experience of my life and I would do it over and over again to have my beautiful little girl.

Here she is:

https://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af22/markc21484/Picture199.jpg

First cuddle with daddy, 20 minutes old

https://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af22/markc21484/Photo130.jpg

A few hours old

https://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af22/markc21484/Picture213.jpg

1 day old

https://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af22/markc21484/carwithbrakes072.jpg

3 weeks old with Mummy

https://i990.photobucket.com/albums/af22/markc21484/carwithbrakes177.jpg
6 weeks old

aww she's gorgeous. my friend called her LO Scarlett Rose :happydance: well done x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->