Scarletts homebirth 17.09.09

lovedupgirl

Reaction score
So where do I start!

For a week before my due date I had a lot of false contractions and backache so I wasnt surprised when I went overdue, on the wednesday I had a few niggles but wasnt really expecting anything to happen.

Round about tea time I started getting lots of period type cramps but thought it was just more false contractions so had a lie down on the couch with a hot water bottle.

At about 8 the pains started to get a bit more intense so we decided to get the 3 kids ready to go to my mams and rang the midwifes.

2 midwives arrived at about 9:30 and examined me, my cervix was 4cm dilated but baby was facing upward with her spine against mine,this made things difficult as I had the most intense pressure in my bum and felt like I needed to push from around 5cms, I coped by using a stressball and gas and air through contractions.

The contractions were coming thick and fast by about 10:30 and even the midwives were surprised as they were 5 minutes apart and very intense, the pressure was so bad because of the position of the baby that they got me on my hands and knees on the bed,the midwife thought I was fully dilated but when she looked there was a thick lip of cervix that just wasnt dilating.

At about midnight my waters broke with a huge pop and shot halfway across the bedroom,I was fully dilated apart from the same lip of cervix which just wouldnt budge, by this point i was getting really uncomfortable on my hands and knees and wanted to turn over but couldnt as my legs had locked!

At 1 o clock the lip of cervix had thinned but still wouldnt dilate completely so the midwife decided to just hold it back as I pushed,I pushed for around 15 minutes but nothing was really happening and the midwife was thinking about transferring me into the hospital,luckily 5 minutes later I finally managed to get her head out but her shoulders seemed to be stuck so the midwives were screaming at me to push harder,with one massive push she was delivered at 1:22am.

I had a cuddle with her while the placenta was delivered and the midwifes cut the cord,Scarlett weighed in at a healthy 7lbs 8 ozs.

It was so nice to be able to get in my own bath after the birth!The midwifes made me and my OH a cuppa and changed the bed and we were left alone to spend some time with our beautiful daughter.

The birth was hard and scary at times but all in all it was a positive experience and worth every minute,Im so glad I finally got my homebirth!

I'll upload some pics when I get a chance.

Attachments

• 19-09-09_1426.jpg
    19-09-09_1426.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 50
  • 19-09-09_1427.jpg
    19-09-09_1427.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 23
Glad you got your homebirth. Congratulations. x

Congrats :)

looking forward to the piccies :)

So pleased you got the hb you wanted. Congrats! x

I'm so pleased you got the homebirth you wanted! :thumbup: Massive congratulations hun, she's gorgeous.

OMG congratulations hunny! And you got your homebirth too!
She's a little darling, congrats again! xx

Wow she is beautiful!

Congratulations to you all.

Was the home birth everything you expected it to be?
Was there a lot of mess, did you need to buy plastic sheets or anything?
I am being a bit premature here ( 5 days still til we ttc), but love the idea of a home birth.

well done xx

glad to hear things went well after such a long wait! Congratulations and what a beautiful name.

Congratulations!!! I'm so pleased that you managed to get your HB!! xxxx

conggrats shes gorgeous. i want a homebirth this time around x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back