Scars on hands and feet

Dona

Reaction score
Archie has lots of them on his hands and feet from the needles and looks like a dart board. Do they ever go away?

ive still got mine and im 19 lol but i like them for some odd reason

Lakai still has his. Plus his PDA surgery scar on his back which is like 6 inches long...and 1 inch wide. And a two inch scar on his scalp from 'unknown' causes.

Sigh. I dont think they will ever go away (the hands and feet) ones. I so dont like them either.

Poppy doesn't have scars but for a long time she had lots of little red thread veins on her cheeks from where her plasters were to keep her tubes in. Her cheeks seem to get red and dry quite easily but they are getting better as time goes on xx

my wee girl Emma is now ten half months and they are all still there, especially on her feet. she also has scars from her pda on her back, 4 entry sites from her central lines and a 5 inch scar across her tummy from nec operation twice. her surgeon says they fade through time and i dont mind them so much, they are her battle scars and she won the war lol!! xxx

I dont have mine Dona, i was 29 weeks. xxx

Keiron my oldest has scars on his hands from the needles and hes 8....

i dont mind them so much, they are her battle scars and she won the war lol!! xxx
Great way to put it!

Matthew has tiny dots on his feet from various things but nothing too noticable, he does have lots of thread veins on his cheeks that I never associated with the tape etc now looking at him they are right where tape and various tubes were. Like a few girls who were premmies themselves have mentioned they will grow to get used to them, sadly just now its a reminder for us mummy's of all they have been thru x

jack is 3 now and still has his although they seem worse when he is cold x

Oh, I was wondering this too. A lot of Sofia's have gone, but she still has two scars on each foot from her long line and one hand is really quite scarred, but to be honest I'm probably the only one who would notice.
She still has little red veins on her cheeks too.

I've still got mine, but I can't see any of Abby's. She does have the thread veins on her cheeks, it never occurred to me it was from the tube plasters. I noticed them yesterday and wondered...

You can still see Findlay's scars but the ones on his feet and head are much more visible than the ones on his hands. He's also got the thread veins on his cheeks people have mentioned but thereagain he's still got the tape.

How are you and Finlay getting on Lottie? not seen you about much. Hope you are both well x

We're doing ok thanks, Findlay is still being tube fed 24hrs a day but he's having a general anaestetic on October 1st for an endoscopy and they'll decide from the results of that whether to continue as is, put the tube down further so it goes straight into his bowel or whether they'll need to do surgery. Fingers crossed we'll just continue as we are at the moment.

yes they do! My friend had a 23 weeker who looked like a pin cushion for a few years - she's 7 now and you are hard pushed to find a mark now!

My hubby doesn't have his anymore, he was born at 32 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->