Scheduled C-Section

Yeah I know they can be a couple of pound out, which can make a huge difference but it might at least give me an idea. My son wasnt a chubby baby he was just really long, 61cm. I had a scan with him at 37 weeks and was told he measured 41 weeks so was probably about right. And the height of my uterus always measured more from 32 weeks onwards. I myself didnt actually look like I was carrying a huge baby, everyone guessed he'd be around 6 or 7lb. How wrong were they! He he. So I don't think i'd be able to tell if the baby is big or small as I wouldnt have guessed my son was that big if I hadnt been told at scan. So the scan might be able to give me a rough idea but I will always keep in mind that they arent always really accurate.

I had an emergency c-section due to failure to progress during labor. I will have a scheduled section with this baby. I honestly didn't feel that it was such an emergency because everything went so smoothly, it wasn't rushed at all. I def. do not have any problems having a section with this one. I didn't feel any pain...you just feel a lot of pressure and tugging from the inside when they are taking the baby out. They put the catheter in when I was numb so I didn't feel that. Also they numbed the area that they were putting in the epi so I didn't feel that either. The only pain I felt was between the time that the epi was wearing off and the other pain medication wasn't put into my IV yet. I was up and walking the next day and they told me I could leave if I feel up to it :) I didn't mind not feeling skin to skin with baby at the beginning because I was just happy that he was healthy and out of there! I also got to give him a kiss when his pediatrician showed me him :) I am just happy that I wasnt in a lot of pain and my experience was great!

Really sorry if this is a stupid question but could anyone please summise the situations in which one would need a c-sec? I know that one is if baby is breech...from how early on can they tell if this is the case? As I know that they are expected to turn at a certain point...many thanks xx

dont worry if you go into labour before the date of your section it happened to me and i just went straight into the maternity ward told them i was in labour but sposed to have a section and they pretty much prepped me straight away and did the section then its not a problem x

Really sorry if this is a stupid question but could anyone please summise the situations in which one would need a c-sec? I know that one is if baby is breech...from how early on can they tell if this is the case? As I know that they are expected to turn at a certain point...many thanks xx

my first was breach which they didnt realise until after 10 hours of labour and suddenly realised they were trying to put an electrode on her bum instead of her head lmao at that point i was going to continue with natural birth but she got stuck and became very distressed
so if you have been labouring for a long time and your not progressing or baby is in distress or becomes stuck or if the baby is to big for your pelvis to come out those are the basic reasons also if you have had more than 1 c section before they dont like to even concider vbac as the risks are higher of tearing the scars x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->