school gate problems?

FlumpsMamma

4yo and preg 1st tri
Reaction score
I've posted this in another thread, I'm not looking for attention just want clarification that either I am or I am not paranoid and crazy.
hello I haven't been on here for a while, I haven't had the time because of starting college back up again and arranging university etc. so I'm sorry for coming on looking for comfort but I didn't know where else to turn.
It's a common known fact that I find it difficult to talk other mothers face to face, I don't know why but I do! This means that I find it difficult to talk to the other mothers at the school when I drop my little girl off for nursery on an afternoon. But even though I am rather shy I can't help but feel the other mothers don't like me at all, I'm a lot younger than all of them and it feels as though they are trying to push me and my daughter out. Today I was bit early picking my daughter up so obviously I waited in the play ground and two other mothers were there talking about one of their little girls birthday and how she had handed out invitations to people and one of them said quietly but not quietly enough so I couldn't hear "oh, you didn't invite HER did you?" and tilted her head slightly over to me. It made me feel terrible, not because they don't like me, really that doesn't bother me in the slightest but because it felt like my daughter was being excluded because they had something against me.
I know that my daughter hasn't been an angel, I was brought in for her hitting a boy once because he stole her drum and she did throw toilet paper all over the bathroom. These happened when she first started and haven't had anything else happen since. But every time I'm dropping her off and she goes to play with a few of the children I've noticed their mothers shout them over. All she wants to do is be friends with them.
Obviously she has a good friend in there who has just started as well, her mother seems lovely but I can't bring myself to talk to her yet :/ but my daughter and her go in holding hands and put their names next to each other ect.
Am I just being silly? Or are these mothers (and there are 4 of them who all stand and chat) really being so nasty as to exclude my daughter simply because they have something against me? Maybe because of my age and the stereotypes that go with it?

Sorry for the essay but I'm very close to tears about this all right now
Thank you if you managed to read all of this... You deserve a medal, or at least a glass of wine

I think wherever you go you'll find that "cliquey" group who don't like anyone who isn't in "their group" and seem to think just because they're stood in a playground they need to act like schoolgirls. I wouldn't take it personally :) Just out of curiosity, is any of them the mum of the boy who had the incident with your daughter? They may be holding a grudge over it (although I'm sure all their kids have acted the same way at some point - its part of being kids!)

On the other hand, they could just feel awkward inviting you as they don't really know you :) I'm very shy too and have trouble initiating conversation with people, so I understand you completely on the shyness! But if you can, maybe try talking to them? They may just have the complete wrong end of the stick and mistake your shyness for rudeness... Its worth a try, after all you've got nothing to lose if they do turn out to be nasty...

Sorry if my post didn't make much sense, I hope everything works out :)

No I've talked to that mother she doesn't really talk to these four women... They seem to be very nasty, not talking to anyone else and I've tried smiling but they don't even look at me so it's kind of hard :/

In that case I'd just put it down to them being unable to see past their own noses! Remember the group of bitchy girls in high school who hated anyone who wore the wrong shoes? They never grew up!

I would honestly just ignore these women. They are the ones with the issues and are not worth bothering with. I know it makes it hard for your daughter but there will be other friends.
My son has been very slow to make friends at school. There was a group of mums who all knew each other and I didn't fit in with them so their children wouldn't play with my son. It hurt me at the time but I just encouraged him to make other friends and he's fine now. As am I :)

Like someone else you find these people everywhere -I would try and touch base with the mother of the child your child likes-

I find this sort of shit upsetting too....reminds me of school............so no you are not alone

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->