School - mixed emotions!

Mum1980

Reaction score
I've been so looking forward to Chloe starting school/nursery (a week today, 13th)... The nursery class is in the same class as reception.

But I've been sat thinking about it tonight, and it's really freaked me out! lol

I tried to explain it to OH.. that this is it now.. her first day on Monday is the first day for the next 12-13yrs. She'll be at school age, only here at home on evenings, weekends and holidays...... and that thought has absolutely freaked me! She won't be my little girl I have at home with her little sister anymore.

She's going to be fine, totally fine. She's already been at nursery for the past year.. mornings or afternoons. The centre where the nursery was, is joined to the actual school too, so she's been for lots of visits and is a very happy, confident little girl.

Is anybody else the same? Or is it just me? :blush:

Donna xxx

I do believe every mom goes through this :) But I will say that feeling and thought wears off a week or so after when you find that you have a bit extra time to do some things.

I get this totally. My DD started yesterday. She loves it, and like you the school is next to the nursery with the same play areas even. I was fine until last week then I started thinking about it and I've gone to pieces. It's the thought of all that it stands for that I think upsets me- she is no longer my toddler at home with me but a school girl, and we're now tied down to their rules and holidays. I loved just chatting to her and deciding what we were going to do and what we'd eat for dinner etc. I love having my little ones around and playing together, it feels like that phase is over far too quick.
I'm trying to focus on the fact she is happy there, if she was crying when I left I don't know what I'd do!
Big hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"