School places: full

Pearls18

Reaction score
We are buying a house and there is a school right opposite so definitely in catchment, we have priority due to military child (although I think this has limited impact aged 7 and under due to legal teacher:child ratios- after this age schools can extend their classroom to for a military child) and children on the estate we are buying on have priority as the school was built for the estate. However, it is full, we are moving mid year (year 1) so I'm expecting to be placed elsewhere, I'm just wondering is there a way we can keep trying to be placed there eventually? Do schools operate waiting lists? We aren't moving until next year so I can't plan anything now. School places are tight in the whole town so I will be grateful just to check a school in the town but wondering if we can change it later on? It's an academy if that changes anything (also ofsted outstanding so popular).

Our school always has a waiting list. The children are ranked in order based on our admissions policy and when a child leaves we phone down the list until somebody accepts the place. Ask the school to keep your details on the list and also for their admission policy and you'll be able to work out how highly you rank, Good luck

Hi, I am due to move and same senerio with primary. I am just applying anyway and having fingers crossed I win the appeal xx

The problem for me is I'm not sure I'd be able to appeal, if the class is full it's full so I'm not sure what they could do? If it was my youngest going into reception it may be a bit different. I think I will call the school and ask if they operate a waiting list.

I think the only time they can not be flexible is infant, so yes could be tricky :(

The new one for mine has no waiting list and it's a bit nerve wrecking. Already had a meltdown over it lol but people move often so fingers crossed xx

It's horrible isn't it, I hate how you can't do anything until nearer the time as I don't operate like that! I just spoke with the school and it turns out they have 2 spaces but tbh I find that all the more frustrating as I bet they will be full by March argh! Think Ive sorted the nursery though which is something. When are you moving?

September and i have sent off applications now. Its horrid but I have done all I can now :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->