School ties advice and question please

dolittleeliza

Reaction score
:wacko:

My DS has just started at junior school (aged 7) and has to wear a school tie. At the welcome meeting before he started, the Headteacher made such a song and dance about how we should all teach our children how to tye them before the school year started as it was taking up alot of time to help the children after PE etc........................

Personally I can see no benefit in a 7yr old wearing a tie at all, and after the 3rd day of the term an older boy at the school pulled his tie so hard that the teacher had to pick it off with a pen!! I have refused to let DS wear it again and had a showdown with the headteacher over it :nope:

Does anyones else little one wear a school tie at 7?? High School fair enough but....................

My son wore a school tie from age 5, I didnt have a problem with it as alot of boy catholic school over here have to wear a full school uniform, including a blazer. You can get little elastic ones so the child doesnt have to tie it, it just slips over their head. Hope this helps xx

My son wore a school tie from age 5, I didnt have a problem with it as alot of boy catholic school over here have to wear a full school uniform, including a blazer. You can get little elastic ones so the child doesnt have to tie it, it just slips over their head. Hope this helps xx

You not allowed the elastic ones apparently :nope:

I had to ware a tie in primary school and it was such a pain in the arse. I can remeber in last year of primary having to help the younger children get ready after PE and having to tie 25 of the buggers. Sorry that was no help.

I think the tie is a severely outdated aspect of the school uniform that was more fitting in the '50s, not in today's world. Having said that, it's required at my son's school, but we get to have the ones on an elastic tie rather than the manual types.

Given the experience your child had with the bully, I too would not want to put him in a tie again. It may have just been a once off thing but who really wants to take the chance by outfitting their child with a potential choking hazard!? lol...I wish you the best on your campaign with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->