School uniform advice

Gingerspice

Reaction score
I've just signed LO up to the school we want her to go to (private school)

She'll start going just after the May half term next year once she's turned 3 years old. She will also be going to the nursery on the days I work to the pre-school at the nursery she currently goes to also though.

As such I will need to get two lots of uniforms. I don't mind buying the school uniform uniform given she'll be at this school for the whole of her education so she'll be in it until she grows out of each aspect and tbh the nursery pre-school uniform is kind of optional so we'll be able to use the same base items (navy skirt etc) and just get the polo shirt & jumper.

So my questions are: How many bits of everything does everybody buy to last a school week? Do you get a polo shirt for each day? Do you get 2 jumpers?

Given she'll be starting in the middle of a term, would it be a good idea to buy some of the common/standard items now given the deals and availability of clothes at the moment compared to the middle of a term? (so the navy gingham dress, the skirts, the trousers etc)

I won't order the school specific items yet as these can be ordered all year round, but I'm not sure if its overkill to get some uniform bits together when my LO is only 2 years old!!!?

Which supermarket/shop does navy skirts, navy pinafores and navy gingham dresses etc too?I've just signed LO up to the school we want her to go to (private school)

I tried asking this in pre-school but thought perhaps those that have gone through this already might be better to answer

Are you not worrying about this to early, you do not know what size she will be in May!

But my daughter stays in her uniform after school so she has a change of clothes everyday, but if she changed after school I guess I would order three of each.

I'd wait hun, she might have a growth spurt between now and then :flow:

I make sure my kids have enough uniform for the week as it's easier for us to wash/dry/press the uniform over the weekend. They change into casual clothes after school.

One thing I would say though, pleated skirts are a real pain to iron - so if you can get non-pleated ones, it's a lot easier!

Thanks, but my thinking was that at the moment there's loads of availability and offers on uniform when in March time there won't be much around and it'll be full price?

I'm not too fussed about sizing. LO is on the 9th %tile and even going for age 3 which seems to be the smallest I can find, will most likely still require taking in and up when then used from April time with taster sessions at the school and being dresses and skirts sizing isn't so much an issue

I've bought a summer gingham dress and a couple of navy skirts as these are both used by both the nursery and the school.

You do still get the availability later on in the year - especially given that the children usually go into their summer uniforms around the beginning of May.

My Esther has been on the 9th centile since she was a few months old. Literally in the last couple of months she has suddenly jumped up and is nearer the 50th! With girls it is easier as it doesn't matter if the dress gets a bit shorter but i would never buy my son's uniform 6-8months in advance as his trousers would end up as ankle riders if i did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->