School Uniforms...where from/quality/quantity and size!!?

LaDY

Mummy Of Two xx
Reaction score
Oh my...i never knew uniform shopping could be so difficult!!

Which shops do you all buy uniforms from? I ended up buying from Marks and Spencers...which shops would you say has the best quality uniforms?

And how many trousers/jumpers/shirts do you buy?

And last of all the sizes...4 years fits around my sons waist but the length is too short and 5 years length is too long...what do i do?

Any tips and advice would be appreciated! Thanks x

Asda ones are pretty good. Tesco ones are good too. If you get ones with elasticated waist tabs you can make them fit better - DS has a skinny little butt so I have to get ones like that or they fall down :rofl: As for length, it's a pain when they are in between sizes, but it's worth trying a few different shops as all their sizings are slightly different.

Only other tip I have is to buy a size up as well as the size they need when the back to school offers are on as if/when they go up a size it can be harder/dearer to find uniform items out of season in the school year :)

I got dd shirts from tesco and skirts from next as i think they feel never than tesco ones and cost a pound more...! My younger daughter has her t shirts from tesco and jumper as tesco do the embroidery for her school...

I buy trousers, pinafores and cardis from Marks n spencers. The polo tops I buy in tesco as they get wrecked with paint etc x

Always from NEXT the quality is fantastic and lasts the whole year, my daughter has a skinny waist but is tall, everything has to be adjustable waist and i dont buy trousers and they look like ankles swingers.

I buy enough uniform to get her through the week without worrying about having to do a wash x

Always from NEXT the quality is fantastic and lasts the whole year, my daughter has a skinny waist but is tall, everything has to be adjustable waist and i dont buy trousers and they look like ankles swingers.

I buy enough uniform to get her through the week without worrying about having to do a wash x

Oh yea definitely get enough for the week, much easier. I wash, dry and press the uniforms over the weekend.

When I was in school, they gave us our uniforms (at least in high school, I went to public school until high school).

We have gone to Sainsburys for a lot of the stuff, it all seems good quality and all of the skirts (and probably trousers) have adjustable waists- my daughter is tall and skinny so adjustable waists are a must in our house!
We have 4 pinafores (and 3 skirts but Holly has insisted that she wants to wear dresses lol!), 6 polo shirts, 5 pairs of tights and 5 pairs of socks, 1 jumper and 4 cardigans.
I worked out how much to buy on the basis that Holly will probably come home dirty each day, plus I wanted her to have fresh clothes each day and I don't to be constantly trying to get everything washed and ironed.
The long uniform list you're given is a nightmare though isn't it?! Holly starts in September too- not long now!!

One more piece of advice (to those who have girls): skirts/pinafores with pleats are a PITA to iron!

Sainsburys have 25% off all TU clothing this weekend including uniform. My sis has asked me to get some bits for my niece and nephew and she rates their uniforms.

Thanks ladies...i am on a trouser mission again tommorow! Wish me luck! x

i agree with tallybee about the pleats. pure nightmare! i buy sainsburys for skirts. there dead easy was chuck in the tumble and then put them on. no ironing needed haha.

did you find trousers? i have used debenhams for the last 2yrs. fab quality and they don't go on the knees like some others. pretty cheap aswell :)

If kids can manage to fit into their old uniforms until after all the schools go back you can often get cheaper deals after term starts, good deals on eBay too :thumbup:

I buy Tegan's trousers from Next because she needs the adjustable waist. Her skirts/dresses are all from Matalan and her t shirt's are from Tesco/morrisons

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->