Sciatic nerve

storm4mozza

Mom of 3 :)
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone tried birthing balls for sciatic pain? if so how did you get on? Baby is head down (37 + 5 days) tilting her head slightly to the right, I do believe she is pressing (or something is pressing) on my sciatic nerve, it's causing my right leg to cease up and back pain. Also, it is causing my pain to go weak which caused me to fall last week.

I want to try a birthing ball but not worth buying 2 weeks before due date unless it's going to help, any advice?

Birthing balls are really good for posture which in turn helps ease sciatic and other back pain, i didn't get one til 38 weeks my last pregnancy i wish I'd got it sooner as i struggled so much. Suffering terrible sciatica this time round too and im only just in 3rd trimester, i feel your pain! X

Thanks so much hun sorry your suffering to, I have resorted to hot water bottles >.> 15 days to go, cannot wait

I feel like i have my hot water bottle glued to me at the moment lol. 15 days! Could be any day soon :) i am sooooo jealous lol x

I was terrified of the hot water incase it hurt baby but I gathered its on my tummy its on my back and she doesn't seem phased by it :) sorry no intention to make u jealous lol I have been a jealous wreck everyone giving birth around me :/ my DD was 5 days early so hoping it could happen a second time ;)

Haha im only kidding!! Aw i have everything crossed for you! It seems the most effective things are really long walks and nipple stimulation so give those a try nearer the time! I've always been induced so im really hoping to go into labour myself this time!! Won't hold my breath though lol xx

So sorry about the pain. I don’t have that exactly but just so much back pain from bad sleep that i use a heat pad for 15 mins increments. But i noticed we might have same or similar due dates ? I’m due the 21st but having him the 16th. So excited to be winding down.
Really hope your pain improves.
Oh and ball does help my back pain a bit. I can sorta roll myself forward and back when sitting on it which feels good and also lay on front with the ball at my chest, helping me relax other joints/body parts.
Best luck your last few days!!

Thanks girls

Char, sex brought both kids lol but it doesn't seem to be working right now so she obviously isn't ready to come :/ wish I knew that before I made such an effort lol don't feel very in the mood but really want to get it to work like it did the last two times (worked at 40 weeks first time and 39 weeks second time)

Thanks for the advice Juliet means alot, I feel bad spending money on a ball so close to due date but may need to, can't even walk toilet with her on this nerve and already fell once because of her position can't afford to do that again :/ best of luck on the 16th hunnie, is it a c sec? our due dates are very close I am due 22nd April

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->