Sciatica at almost 8 weeks pregnant?!

HLx

Mummy to Layla, George & Enzo <3
Reaction score
Really at only 8 weeks???

I suffered extreme sciatica with my first baby, basically my right leg was non existent, I had to drag my leg around with me and crawl up the stairs, I was in agony!! I believe it started around 28 weeks and I managed to still power on working 40 hours a week until 36 weeks.

I didn't get sciatica with my second surprisingly as I was twice the size so I thought there would have been more to press on the nerves, but nope nothing!

Today I've been in agony, it's the same side as I had it with my daughter, i thought surely it cant be sciatica this early, but can it actually be? I'm a lot bigger this time around and this early being my 3rd baby and at my u/s the sonographer pointed out I have a high uterus, could this plus showing early starting to press on my sciatic nerve?

The way I feel in this pregnancy your swear i was 35 weeks already!

It definitely can be, mine started in my first pregnancy but I still get it and my youngest is 5. :dohh: I can't remember them but physio gave me stretches for it, might be worth a Google!

Reactions: HLx
Thanks hun, did you have it in your second pregnancy too? I had no idea it could happen in first tri, when I googled about it it says more common in second or third trimester, but I guess I'm probably just as big as I was in second tri with both babies so somethings pushing on a nerve hahaha

What about going to a chiropractor? I had it with my son and daughter but I remember it was worse with my son. It did seem to help. It did come back but at least it was temporary relief

Oh no u poor thing. Sciatica is painful.
I've had sciatica when I've not been pregnant but I also got it with both my DS and my DD. I also had SPD and with DS is started at 10 weeks and I had sciatica as well from about 10 weeks.
But with DD it all didnt start until around 27 weeks.

I'm now 12 weeks and I had a little discomfort in the pubic bone at around 7 weeks and thought oh no here we go but it went away. Also had a little sciatica but it's gone away now I think because now I'm 12 weeks the baby is much higher up and its eased the pressure if that makes sence.
I was on crutches from around 30 weeks with my DS and my DD with the SPD so no dought it will be the Same with this one. But so far so good.
Make sure u sleep on ure side hon with pillows between ure knees that helps. Also if it gets to much go and see a doctor.
So sorry ure suffering from this because it's really not nice.

Hows the sickness now?

@HLx GIrl! I am only 6 1/2 weeks and I am also already having sciatic pain. It's insane. I had it during my first two pregnancies, but the last pregnancy wasn't as bad. I am already crawling out of bed in pain and can't believe it being so early. Hubby even said "really? already?" Maybe we are more receptive to it if we have had it before. I can only imagine how bad it's going to get if it's already this bad! yikes!! I hope yours subsides! Maybe it's everything stretching, who knows what is causing it...

Good luck sweets!! <3

Thanks hun, did you have it in your second pregnancy too? I had no idea it could happen in first tri, when I googled about it it says more common in second or third trimester, but I guess I'm probably just as big as I was in second tri with both babies so somethings pushing on a nerve hahaha

I did have it with my second too! I get pretty regular flares of it too still to this day. Could be something other than pregnancy causing it possibly then. I hope you can find some relief, it's bloody awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->