Sciatica

Joda

Reaction score
Had pain in the right hand side of my back for weeks, just twinges when I sat down, stood up or bent over and normally went off after a few hours. Last few days it didn't go off and yesterday morning it started hurting as soon as I got up, and I knew I had a bit of walking to do as I had a job interview. By the time I got there, it was hurting to walk. Got back to my town, and had to walk with baby steps, popped up to Asda where I couldn't bend down to pick anything up, was on my way down the hill to the bus stop and I had to sit down, I just couldn't move because the pain was so bad. I sat there for a good 20 minutes, not even being able to turn in the seat. I had no credit to call anyone but then my mum rang to see how my interview went and I burst out crying in pain while on the phone to her. She managed to get hold of my sisters OH to come and pick me up, decided to go to A&E when my OH met us. Dr just told me I had a muscle spasm and that being overweight isn't helping (Seriously, do they have to say this about everything you have wrong with you?)
Told me to take tablets for a few days and to see my GP. My sister has sciatica and reckons that could be it. I'm starting to think so too as today, my right leg is hurting along with my back. Hopefully can get a dr appointment early in the week.
Any ladies also suffer from this?

(OH has been wonderfull :kiss: looking after me and getting me things. And even helping me shower!)

i had this with my 3rd pregnancy,same as u,went on for weeks slowly getting worse untill on my way bk from taking the kids to school i couldnt walk any more ,the pain was awful,it was siatica and had to lay flat on my back for a week,only getting up to go loo,no pillows,just flat but it did go away.

I've had it, for me it usually starts with a pain in my buttock, and then the pain may or may not develop up and down (to my leg and to my back). I've only had it bad a couple of weeks ago, and I could hardly walk, doubled up I was. HOwever, the doctor told me that the best thing you can do is walk on it. Hope you find out soon what it is X

omg...i seriously think sciatica is worse than labour (i had back to back labour)

i suffered a really bad case of this at the beginning of the year. it was so bad i couldnt sit or lie dwn. i was in pain all the time!! i couldnt lift my legs up either so walkin was really hard & painful.

sending big :hugs: to u cuz its a horrible thing to have x

I suffer from sciatica but it hasn't been too bad during my pregnancy.

I've only had one bad experience with it and thats when I found out what it was.
I do Irish Dancing and was practicing one day, did a big kick out and OWWWWWWW!!
I looked like quazzy modo lol. was given tablets and couldn't move. Was in bed for 2 weeks, having a stuggle to use a bucket as a toilet lol. It was horrible!!

:hugs: for you ladies who know how horrid it is!
Not to bad today, still hurting in my leg when I walk but I can bend and get up from a chair without any pain

Funny this has come up as ive been getting this pain for a few weeks now but got much worse over the last few days. I read up on it.

Mine is on my left side very lower back, hurts to walk , get up etc, is very uncomftable.

Guess i better get use to it unitl bubs comes or does anyone know anything that can help to relieve it, excersises etc?? :)

They told me gentle walking but I couldn't sit up never mind walk!! lol

I just stayed in bed until it became easier to move but if you lead a busy lifestyle, obv it can be hard :)

My sister says there some excersises that help her when her back plays up, she says shes going to teach me em when I can move again!

I have sciatica and back problems, which are all sorted out by a my chiropracter because i didn't want to take medication to mask the problem. I now go yearly for check ups and all was well until I got pregnant and we're back to sorting it all out again, but back to three monthly check ups. My GP only told me to go to a chiropracter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->