Scottish names in 2012 - thought I'd share

Mrsmac02

TTC #1
Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Not sure if this helps anyone but another lady in 2nd tri posted this and lots of us found it quite useful for a bit of inspiration.

There are a few howlers in there but equally, there are some lovely names xx

https://www.gro-scotland.gov.uk/files2/stats/popular-forenames/2012/babiesnames-2012-t4.xls

thanks for this, very interesting.

We have 2 names and it was good to look up to see how popular they were last year xx

ooh intetesting! I just read a big list out to my OH who was paying me no attention!

The girls names we have picked out have 50, 90 and 3... So not overly common!

My name isnt even on the list!

It's a great list! We used it to pick our daughters name from :)

Great list! Thank you! Even the name we chose is on there~Kensi. I'm so tired of people saying it's only a short form, not a real name. But it is in Scotland. :)

In Scotland anything goes!

A lady who used to do my nails named her son Prage (pronounced Prah-j). When I said oh that's unusual she said 'yeah I made it up'!!

And there's a Pocahontas that lives round the corner from my friend! Xx

I love people from Scotland. My dear nana is Scottish and you'd never meet a more lovely woman. I love the names people come up with there. You make up names here and you get the screwy face most of the time.

Most of ones we like are on the list. The family fav is Emily which is the 2nd most popular so not completely keen now. The other names we liked - Talia and Ailish are there and only have about 7 or 9 each.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->