screw up of the family

Melissa93

Reaction score
im one of 4 my sister is youngest and disabled then there's my older brother he's 24 works at prison and lives with his girlfriend, my other brother is 18 been with his girlfriend almost 2 years and starts uni next month, im 20 and at 18 was single living in a hostel and ended up pregnant, I'm going back to college next month to do hairdressing with additional beauty but just feel like the screw up out of the family, my mom always seems to make comments about things like whether its what i put on fb, things i do, way my house is, just feel like everything i do is wrong in her eyes, recently got a dog text her and because she didn't agree with it she just completely ignored my text never even acknowledged it, told my dad about it he's made it clear he doesn't agree with it, end of day it's my house and my money my daughter loves dogs and I feel better having him here at night as it's only me and my daughter I don't see what everyone's issues are just because i don't do things the same as them, everyone's different and it's not like I'm doing anything terrible, I dont smoke, never done drug's or been in trouble with the police, I rarely go out and due to medical reasons can't even drink anymore, just feel like if I don't do things like them or how they want they don't like it

:hugs:
Sorry to hear that.
I think sometimes families need telling when not to interfere. So tll your mum to leave the unhelpful comments.
Well done on plans on going back to college.

Xx

Thanks, my mom helped me a lot while pregnant, was at birth and we lived at hers for 5 months before me and my daughter got her house but i just feel like my parents still want me to live my life a certain way and don't realise I'm actually an adult who can make my own decisions plus i get annoyed at fact she doesn't really ask about having my daughter, since May last year she's had her 3 times for the day yet they had my step sisters daughter stay for like a week before when she was under 1 (my daughter is now 19 months) took my niece on holiday to Wales for a week with my sister when she was 2 and have had her other times as well, my niece lives abouth hour and half away but they still see her anyway when they visit my step sisters x

Thanks, my mom helped me a lot while pregnant, was at birth and we lived at hers for 5 months before me and my daughter got her house but i just feel like my parents still want me to live my life a certain way and don't realise I'm actually an adult who can make my own decisions plus i get annoyed at fact she doesn't really ask about having my daughter, since May last year she's had her 3 times for the day yet they had my step sisters daughter stay for like a week before when she was under 1 (my daughter is now 19 months) took my niece on holiday to Wales for a week with my sister when she was 2 and have had her other times as well, my niece lives abouth hour and half away but they still see her anyway when they visit my step sisters x

Parents can have a tendency to baby you, even when your grown up can't they?

Maybe you should ask your mum if she could look after your lo every now and again? Maybe your step sister asked, rather than your mum volunteering to babysit?

Xx

I just feel like if not doing things there way it's like im doing it wrong, was in tears earlier from just feeling like i can never do anything right, yeah maybe i dunno if they asked or she did, I'm just bit funny about asking as feel bit of a cheek asking people to have her xx

went to my mom's Sunday as my sisters birthday was Monday, when i got there my step niece was there without her mom so they obviously had her at least 2 nights, I text the other day asking my mom if she wanted my daughter to stay sometime and she never even bothered to reply and still hasn't got in contact, ive really just had enough and can't be bothered with them anymore am i overreacting? xxx

I just wanted to give you :hugs: I know exactly how your feeling. I've distances myself from my family now because I'm fed up of being made to feel like the mess up. My sisters married, my brother has a good business and there's me the single mum in benefits!! I'm trying my hardest not to care how they behave. My neohew stays over a lot, they take him on days out, yet before I had a big blow out at my mum a few weeks ago shed seen Ben about 10 times in his life. I do go over once a week now to see her but there's this huge elephant in the room!!

Just live your life how you want and your happy with. They can have whatever opinion they want but it's your life so keep your head high.

aww thanks, hope things get better with your family as well i know how crap it can feel my younger brother just passed his driving test this month then got into his first choice uni yesterday, mom obviously had my step sisters daughter staying the other day and Sunday had to listen to my mom saying to her mate how great she thinks my older brothers gf is, now I'm just focusing on my little family of my daughter my boyfriend and our dog, just trying to keep busy and improve things like atm looking at sorting my front garden out needs weeding, weed control fabric putting down and then gravel, my boyfriend is coming round tonight after work so goin to speak to him if he can help me and hopefully I get it done next weekend :) xxx

Haha I know the feeling about weeds!! My front garden is out of control. I'm going to force myself to sort it next week when Bens not here. It's getting a state.

when I moved in my back garden was thigh high of pure weeds and its a big garden as well, turfed some last year want to put bark down the bottom next year then have shed and toys on it, garden is same as just being pure weeds so will b happy when it's gravelled x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->