second baby and feeling more scared and overwhelmed...

MrsGM

Bamboozled Mum of 2
Reaction score
Ok it doesn't help that we're getting ready to move house and I'm a massively moody moose

But right now I'm really not looking forward to the first 6 months and being the only one able to feed baby etc, it's really hard to explain I just feel a bit trapped by it all!!

I know it'll go really quickly I'm just so tired that the thought of more sleepless nights is kinda sending me over the edge right now :coffee:

I feel the same to a degree but have been feeling better the closer it gets ... In fact it can't get much closer now so I'd like him to make an appearance!

I've been doing as much as I can to make things easier once he arrives. I've altered Ava's routine where I think it will be needed. Encouraged her to play on her own and get used to occupying herself for up to half an hour while I sit on the sofa etc.

I am wary about feeding on my own and about the nights I'm on my own as Ava still doesn't sleep through so having both of them awake will be interesting! LO started nursery 10 hours a week a few weeks ago which will help once the baby arrives.

We've always kept very just so intend t carry on as normal. Lots of time spent out walking the dogs, doing the horses, we do bag and toddler group on Fridays and meet friends on Mondays. Weekends are time with daddy and Thursday are our day at home.

I really think its a case of just accepting that the first few weeks are going to be crazy but that you'll soon get a little routine going and wonder what you ever worried about!x

I definitely feel this way. I didn't worry at all with my first, but now I'll have 2 babies???? No idea how I'll deal by myself, as my partner works 11 hours a day...

If you're worried about the babies dependency on you (being the only one who can feed it) have you thought about expressing milk? I'm hoping to express for that very reason - it will allow me to go out for a few hours and leave baby with hubbie without worrying about baby getting hungry.

I'll express a little for when its needed but to be honest, can't imagine when I'll possibly get time to pump!

I found 2nd baby to be a lot easier than the 1st. You already know how to be a mom. The days go by super fast in the beginning because you're so busy. Learning to BF with one hand made feeding 2nd baby much easier than 1st (on a bottle). It's nowhere as hard as I thought it would be.

I have to lock myself in the bathroom to pump - it's too interesting for a toddler. Baby won't take the bottle anyways, eh, not worth my time!

I found 2nd baby to be a lot easier than the 1st. You already know how to be a mom. The days go by super fast in the beginning because you're so busy. Learning to BF with one hand made feeding 2nd baby much easier than 1st (on a bottle). It's nowhere as hard as I thought it would be.

I have to lock myself in the bathroom to pump - it's too interesting for a toddler. Baby won't take the bottle anyways, eh, not worth my time!

I'm with Aliss! I found #2 SO much easier than #1 (disclaimer: #1 was 9, not a toddler) and WAY more laid back. I think you have more confidence in yourself as a mom, and can let some things go a little easier with #2!!:hugs:

I'm with Aliss! I found #2 SO much easier than #1 (disclaimer: #1 was 9, not a toddler) and WAY more laid back. I think you have more confidence in yourself as a mom, and can let some things go a little easier with #2!!:hugs:

Haha that is so true. As long as they are still alive at the end of the day, you've done good enough :rofl:

I feel like that sometimes, but more along the line of how 'easy' things are right now with just the one and how it's all going to change with two! But, I know that it will complete our family :)

thankyou everyone, missed going out to a cake club lastnight as too tired and felt all sad that I won't really be able to go again for a while :(

I tried expressing last time which worked a bit, going to try it a bit earlier this time so it's not just me being the constant source of food!

im feeling overwhelmed too. I also get worried when everyone says they were much more layed back with their second because i was/am very relaxed with my first so this anxious feeling is very new too me!!

i feel nervous! i think its because i wont be able to give the new baby 100% of my time, im worried i wont be able to nap when i want etc because my toddler will need me.

also i work fulltime so my toddler is with a childminder and my mum all day everyday, so im not used to looking after him fulltime. suddenly i am going to be landed with 2 babies at once!

im hoping it will all just come together in its own way!

I'm also going through this. My 13 month old has been going through a difficult phase with sleeping right now, and so I've been a little sleep deprived, and then suddenly I'll think to myself, "Oh crap! I'm going to have a newborn again in a couple months, too!" :dohh: It also doesn't help that DD is a really picky/difficult eater, and so every meal is like a battle to get her to eat. I'm not looking forward to also having to breastfeed every hour or two on top of fighting to get my toddler to eat. :nope:

I think the sleep thing is going to be a shock for me. My 4 year old has always slept so well, but on the very rare occasion he wakes in the night, I feel shattered the next day! Still, I think something does take over in us when we have a newborn and we just 'get on with it'.

The thing I'm not looking forward to it the fact that 10 days after my due date, my little boy is on 6 weeks holiday from school - so that is going to be interesting trying to keep him entertained along with a newborn and a c-section recovery!

L xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->