Second child, is is true what they say?

JenniferEl

Reaction score
Just wondering if you think its true what the say about labour being quicker the second time around?

With my first, my front waters were broke at the hospital and my son was here less than an hour later..

If I go into labour naturally do you think I will have to rush to the hospital incase this it true and this one comes faster??

So nervous about going into labour!

X

It was true for me. With DD labour started Sunday night and I had her Tuesday morning 11:50 am at 42 + 2 weeks. But DS labour started at 3am and I had him by 2:46 pm same day at bang on due date. Good luck xx

It was for me but I was induced the second time.

Labour with dd was about 6 hours and this time with ds it was 1hr 50 mins from first twinge. I was in L&D for 44 mins and pushing stage was only 4 mins!

it was my concern, but my mw or consultants I was under weren't concerned. Thankfully I was in hospital and put on a ward overnight.

You were very quick for your first x

My midwife told me I had another 3 and a half hours to wait until they check me again, and to go to the toilet because I had only just had my waters broken.

Struggled to the bathroom and he arrived then n there, was that desperate to get out I didn't even have to push!

I'm praying this time they listen to me if I say he is coming!! They never listen.

Would hate for him to arrive even quicker, especially when I have to wait for family to travel 40 minutes to me so someone can look after my 2 year old!

Think this is stressing me out more than anything else right now, worrying about the labour! :(

X

I had a long pushing stage with DS but dilated quite quickly so I'm going for a home birth this time as I don't want to give birth in the car en route! Is that an option for you?

True for me inwas also induced with second dont know aboutngoing early but they def come out quicker and each birth after i assume is the same i gave birth to my 3rd baby on friday in 3 hours start to finish

It was my concern too as my mum was looking after DD and she lived over 30 mins away and has no sense of urgency. When I was in L&D there were also two little boys I could hear that were waiting for someone to get them. It's far from ideal but the midwives were great with them and were in contact with the person collecting them.

Try not to stress yourself about it. It will work itself out xxx

It wasn't true for me, I was also concerned as DD was here 5 hours from waters breaking to birth buy DS was 12 hours! In just wondering what this one will be!

I was induced with the tablet before ARM. Active labor was around 6 hours. Curious how it would be this time!

It was for me. Twenty-seven hours established (two hours of pushing) with my first, second was ninety minutes from first contraction to holding her (one push and she was out so fast her cord ruptured), third was forty-five minutes from first contraction to holding her, fourth induction which resulted in section (0-7cm in one hour though), fifth was twelve minutes x

If I were you, I'd be planning a home birth for sure! Better a planned one than an unplanned one for sure. Or at least have supplies on hand in case it comes to that.

I'm due #2 in April and was wondering the same thing....
With ds I arrived at hospital at 9cm so my recorded length of labour was 1hr 18 mins! And 2pushes)

Hope this one doesn't come any quicker, luckily I have family just round the corner for ds.
Fingers crossed we make it to hospital 😊x

It was for me but I was induced the second time.

Labour with dd was about 6 hours and this time with ds it was 1hr 50 mins from first twinge. I was in L&D for 44 mins and pushing stage was only 4 mins!

it was my concern, but my mw or consultants I was under weren't concerned. Thankfully I was in hospital and put on a ward overnight.

You were very quick for your first x

This was pretty much the same as my first two (except I wasn't induced). I hear #3 can be a wildcard tho so I have no idea what to expect!

It's true for me too. DD1 was born 14 hours after my waters broke, DD2 was born 90 mins after my waters broke. With both my labours, my waters breaking started my contractions, so my 90 minute labour was very spontaneous!

It seems like a general pattern, but in the end you never really know what you're going to get. My first labor was 3 hours from the time the contractions woke me up to Violet being born. We'll see what the next one is like!

was for me dont remember exactly how many hours in total but pushing was only 5 mins

A girlfriend of mine who had her baby in Dec said her third was the worst, I don't remember what she said her second was like. It was 30+ hours and pretty hard on her. I guess ya never know!

I think it varies from person to person and pregnancy to pregnancy, but the general rule is that it's usually shorter. My first was actually shorter by 1-2 hours, but I was induced for that one (2 hr total). My second was au natural and a bit longer (4 hr total), but 2 weeks sooner.

HOWEVER, I dilated to 5 cm without labor with my first, and 7 cm without labor in my second. Both times waters were manually ruptured. If I can get to 9 cm without labor this time I think I'll be happy.:haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->