Second early scan tomorrow @ 6/7 weeks

bther

Single mummy to Zachary
Reaction score
I've got my second early scan tomorrow morning (in 24 hours) and I am so nervous. I had one two weeks ago to rule out an ectopic - my doctor was concerned it could be as I was on the pill and getting one sided pain. At the scan the sac was in my uterus but as I was only 4/5 weeks that was the only thing they saw. So now they want me back tomorrow to check growth and viability I guess. I am so nervous - I have read about blighted ovums and missed miscarriages over these past two weeks a little too much. Although my symptoms (nausea, tiredness, food aversions, sense of smell, occasional tingly boobs) have gotten worse I know that doesn't necessarily mean everything is going to be okay.

I can't help but compare this pregnancy to when I was carrying my son. I remember early on if I 'O'ed I had pretty bad cramps - now I can feel my uterus contracting but it's not painful. Also I was really sick with him, I'm not as sick now. Also cramps, I remember feeling crampy all the time but now I get the odd cramp and only that round ligament pain if I stand up too quickly.

I just want a bit of reassurance & positive thoughts as I'm driving myself bananas. This next 24 hours are going to feel like another 2 weeks!!

Wishing you luck Hun hope everything is ok. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you x

Bther… I went through this exact same thing in my last pregnancy, if you were to click back in my history on this website I was writing the exact same posts as you. I had a scan at 5 weeks, I think my checkup scan was actually at 7weeks3days also. I remember throwing up being so nervous incase there wasn’t a heartbeat. There was though :) and this will happen for you, you will be OK and baby will be there :) don’t worry too much with the symptoms.. with my first I hardly had any symptoms I would of never known I was pregnant but this time it is torture :p It probably just this pregnancy is different.. I hope all goes well even though I know you will be fine xxxx

Good Luck Tomorrow! 4/5 weeks is super early to see anything and I'm sure tomorrow you'll see your little baby.

If your symptoms are getting worse I'd be positive your scan will be grand!

Good luck, I had my first early scan yesterday for the same reasons as you, they couldnt see an awful lot,. Im sure you'll be fine tomo, and hopefully see the flicker of a heartbeat, ive got my second scan next week, im about a week behind you xx

Thanks girls. Your stories and kind words mean a lot. 12 hours to go!!

Good luck for today lovely I hope everything goes well although I already know everything will be fine :) xxx

Everything is perfect. Fetal pole, yolk sac and heartbeat seen. Little bean is 8.8mm so puts me a few days back which I was expecting anyway so I'm around 6 weeks 6 days.

Thanks so much mysteriouseye. You were right! :) xx

Your more than welcome i knew everything would be OK but I am so so glad to hear it from you :) Thrilled for you :) xx

Just wanted to share the picture of the little thing. :)

https://i1096.photobucket.com/albums/g335/Dannikins85/BEB96390-9C8E-4393-8457-EB8CE85E580E.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->