• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Second miscarriage in a row

MrsWhite

Reaction score
Back in November I had a blighted ovum that was found at my nine week ultrasound. I had no other indication anything was wrong. Well today I am 5 weeks pregnant, just had my first BFP exactly a week ago, and I am bleeding. What is wrong with me? Why can't I make healthy babies anymore? I have two healthy children, for whom I am so incredibly grateful, especially now, but why does this keep happening? I don't understand, I had tested positive a week ago, and again yesterday I had a positive on a digital...I am so heartbroken.

:hugs:
I wish I could just scoop you up in my arms and give you a big hug!
I've had 6 children and I've had 9 miscarriages. Each time it happens you do question yourself, but try not to.

Often it's a chromosomal abnormality which is why pregnancies miscarry, often there are no reasons or explanations to be had and you have to try not to go crazy with the what if's and whys? I've been there hun!

If you need some support, feel free to PM me hun. :hugs:

Thank you. I'm so sorry you have lost so many babies. It is so heartbreaking. How do you find the strength to go on and TTC again? I am terrified of another MC. I have an appointment to see my OB next Tuesday and it sounds like she is going to do some tests and talk about some ideas for next time but I'm still nervous. I am so happy I have two kids, but I always wanted (and so has my husband) three kids and it is so important to me to have one more. Sometimes I feel foolish because some people scoff at even having three kids, and just assume that I have nothing to complain about I have two kids. I know I am lucky to have them but I feel like this is painful no matter if you have kids or not, you are still losing a child. Even my best friend, who has been unsuccessful with conceiving, when she found out said she was glad because she would have been mad if I had my third kid before she had her first. I still don't know what to even think about that.

Your 'friend' needs a slap! :evil:

It is hard hun and each time I am pregnant I am terrified. I think my worry is contributing towards the losses if I am honest. My stomach does somersaults and I just find it so stressful that I feel maybe I cause the miscarriages by worrying!

:hugs:

MrsWhite I am in the same position (but with only one boy who is four now). Found out today that we have had our 2nd MC in 11 months. I feel the same - what am I doing wrong? Why us? Why are we having such bad luck? I know rationally though that we are doing NOTHING wrong but I know it's not easy to believe that.

Huge hugs to you. xxx

So sorry. I am glad to have this forum so we know we are not alone, but it makes me so sad to know so many other ladies are going through this. :hugs: Here's to rainbow babies all around!

I'm also experiencing two miscarriages in a row .
One was at 5 weeks.. Then my next cycle I was getting light BFPs but my period came on time so I'm not 100% if I was pregnant or if it was left over hcg then I had a normal period then we got pregnant again and I had strong BFPs before my period was even due.
I had no problems and still have NO signs of a miscarriage... We went for a routine ultrasound to date the pregnancy on Friday and we were told the baby was measuring a week behind with no heartbeat :(
Now I'm faced with a decision of what to do next.
We are also questioning everything .. Wondering why this is happening after we had two healthy pregnancies/babies with no problems getting pregnant.
I feel so discouraged :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlzsmuzaffar
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->