Second time moms...how soon did you show?

BoobsMcGee22

Reaction score
My son was born in 2004, so I have no idea what to expect with this pregnancy. (I don't remember a lot! Except the morning sickness...and the labor pains!)

I did gain a LOT of weight with my first pregnancy (80lbs) and I DO NOT want to do that again. I belong to a gym these days and I eat much better than I did then, so I am not worried about it. But I am wondering how soon I will show.

Ladies who are on a second pregnancy, how soon did you start to show? Or even how soon did you notice your belly?

I showed pretty early with my second, I remember having to call hr to order maternity uniform at work and being really embarrassed because I was only 9/10 weeks. I've read that you show sooner with each pregnancy so don't think I'll be hiding this one until Christmas like we planned! xxx

I had my daughter back in 2013 and I didn't feel like I had an actual bump until week 20 though my mom says she could tell at 18 weeks. I will say I did start gaining a bump earlier but thought it was just fat that's all it looked like X'D

With this pregnancy I am 11 weeks and just starting to get a small bump but EASILY can be called fat.

With my daughter I gained 20 lbs and it was pretty much all baby (9 lbs 3 oz baby 22 inches, and then the placenta and the water etc. so within a week after giving birth (the only weigh in I remember) I was down 11 lbs from start of that pregnancy.

Wow!
DH had wanted to wait until Christmas to tell the immediate family and then tell the rest of the world (FB, etc) after the second trimester began. I was not really ok with that since we had the MC and I am so paranoid, it's really hard having no one to talk about how I feel with besides DH (and you lovely ladies).

DH had said ok...we will wait until after we see the doctor on Saturday. But I don't think we will get that far! After some discussion this weekend, I don't think I will get through our Thanksgiving with his HUGE Italian family this Thursday without someone asking.

I won't have a drink (which I always do), I won't be gorging myself on all the snacks (which are often cold cuts that I can't have), someone will notice this in addition to my having quit smoking...and someone WILL ask. Do I lie? I don't want to do that. The last thing I want to do is deny this bean I want to stick so badly!

I honestly think I will show before I get to the second trimester and need to tell my job as well.

I feel your pain! The only people we've told is my Mom & Dad (they knew we were ttc) DH wants to hold off telling his Mom, but it's my birthday on Saturday and his two days after so people are bound to notice me not drinking or smoking - been trying to come up with a convincing white lie but not having much luck lol xxx

ME TOO!

And I can't think of anything that will stick! DH's family are not shy about asking things either! We just had our wedding two months ago so we are expecting the "when are you getting pregnant?" question anyway. I can't possibly hide it, but I don't want them all to know. At least I know if DH's parents know, they will be able to help sidestep questions like that and pretend I am drinking or something!

Seems so silly to need to hide it, but we are still so afraid of this stage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->