Second time moms... Lactating??

AlwaysDreamin

Reaction score
I'm really sorry to post this here as I'm not in the first trimester (well, I don't think I am).

I'm 2 days late for AF. Just a moment ago I thought I'd inspect the boobs just to see if they look any different... After giving my nipple a little squeeze, some colostrum came out!!
I'm utterly shocked, that has never happened since I stopped expressing well over 18 months ago.

Has anyone had this happen and ended up being pregnant?

We're not exactly ttc right now... I guess we're just NTNP... So I'm a little taken aback!

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated! Again, I'm sorry for posting this here, I just thought you ladies would know more than anybody.

I've been having AF cramps for around 2 weeks now, but no sign of it yet.

You don't have to apologise! We're all here to help one another.
With my last pregnancy, at around 8 weeks I did squeeze one nipple and a tiny bit of white stuff came out, I'm not sure if it was colostrum or not though.

Hope someone else can be of more help.
When are you planning on testing? X

Thank you so much!
Well, I was planning on waiting until I was a good four or five days late but now that I've seen that I think I'll run and get a test in the morning.

I was so sure AF was coming tho... I still am tbh. But I also remember saying that when I was pregnant last time! Lol.

Having leaky nipples is a new one tho :/
I'm pretty sure that didn't happen first time round.

Thanks so much for your reply and many congratulations to you!

I think it could go either way :)
I had this a few months ago and turned out not to be pregnant. My doctor said that it can sometimes happen due to hormones or over stimulation.

I wish you luck! It would definitely be a wonderful surprise!

I would get a blood test for prolactin. A pituitary tumor can cause this. Not to scare you I think it would just be good to rule this out bc it can cause fertility issues and miscarriage. I have a pituitary tumor.

Turns out it must be a pregnancy symptom this time round... Just got a BFP on clear blue digital.

Shocked!!

Way to go hun!!! Congrats and welcome to first tri!!!!

Yay! Congratulations!! It's probably because your boobs are used to producing milk now. Way to go haha! X

Ahh, thank you all so much ladies!

It's slowly starting to sink in... I think!

Congrats!

It happened before my BFP with my 2nd and I'm currently expecting #3 and I can squeeze milk out anytime I squeeze my nipples. I haven't breastfed in only 4 months or so though. It's not even colostrum, it's milk!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->