Second time moms.....or third or fourth or more!

tmd22

Reaction score
How are you handling this pregnancy this time around? How is this time different?

I know for me I'm not as worried and a little more relaxed. I worry sometimes if I'm too relaxed almost like I'm having trouble bonding with this pregnancy. What about you?

It's too early to say. The only difference is my son was planned and this one was a massive shock of a surprise x

This will be my 5 child. The only real difference is that I am TERRIFIED of delivery. I have never been scared to deliver. I lay awake at night and actually feel doom thinking about it.
My first 2 I had an epidural and they were wonderful. My last 2 came so fast no time for epidural. Intense but good also. My last babies head crowned on tge way to the hospital. From beginning of labor till delivery was 50 minutes and we live 40 minutes from the hospital. I think I am just scared I am actually going to deliver at home or in the car!!

I only found out a few days ago and tbh so far the only difference is i dont have sciatica (sp?) Yet, which i had from before id even missed my period with my first xx

I'm having trouble bonding with this pregnancy. When I first found out I was convinced it wasn't going to work out (I've no idea why) so I think that's where it started from. But now at nearly 8 weeks I still think things will go wrong.

I was worried first time round, but not like this. Actually I wouldn't say I'm worried anymore, I'm just abit meh about it. I'm hoping that when I see the scan and actually see the tiny person it will seem more real. But I honestly think if I wasn't so nauseous all day and throwing up all day I wouldn't even remember I'm pregnant.

Wow that seems so harsh writing it down. But it's true.

I'm soooooo much more irritable this time round I seem to have zero patience and I have no time for some of the idiots that I have to deal with at work:growlmad:

Sorry for the mini rant:flower:

:dohh:
I'm having trouble bonding with this pregnancy. When I first found out I was convinced it wasn't going to work out (I've no idea why) so I think that's where it started from. But now at nearly 8 weeks I still think things will go wrong.

I was worried first time round, but not like this. Actually I wouldn't say I'm worried anymore, I'm just abit meh about it. I'm hoping that when I see the scan and actually see the tiny person it will seem more real. But I honestly think if I wasn't so nauseous all day and throwing up all day I wouldn't even remember I'm pregnant.

Wow that seems so harsh writing it down. But it's true.

I don't think that's harsh. In a way that's how I feel. We had so much trouble having our first son and with this pregnancy we werent really trying. We were just trying to hear up to start trying. ( it took us 3 years for the first one) I think that's why I feel the way I do and I keep thinking it's too good to be true. I keep thinking I'm not that woman that can get pregnant that easy so something must be wrong. I understand you completely!

This is my 3rd. I feel quite different to my other two (although both of those felt different to each other in their own way)- I had a week or so of symptoms before and after getting my BFP but now I feel pretty fine bar being more tired than normal and having to pee a little bit more. With my DS I was really sick and nauseous by 4 weeks and with my DD nauseu had set in by now as well as SPD; so far no SPD or sickness and I know there is plenty of time (I'm only 5 weeks!) but yeah, different to previous pregnancies!
With my 2nd I felt more relaxed and didn't really feel bonded with my LO, I worried we wouldn't bond once she was born but as soon as she was here that bond was instant :).

I hear you on the trouble bonding thing. Even though my son was a complete surprise (I was actually trying to leave an abusive relationship, and ended up staying a year and a half longer because of the pregnancy), I immediately felt attached to the tiny human. This time, it was a lot of work, a lot of months of struggling, and failed IUI before my most recent IUI resulted in this BFP. I was mentally preparing myself for a break before trying IVF when I got my BFP - that's actually why I joined this forum was to learn more about IVF - and then bam, positive. I'm sure once baby starts moving I'll feel different, but right now, I kind of feel like.... I don't know how to explain! Meh is probably the best word?

This is my third and I feel different too, not sure why!
It was a surprise so maybe I just haven't got my head round it yet, I also have no symptoms though I KNEW I was pregnant from very early on.
Hoping the birth is as good as my first two. Though also hoping I don't give birth in the car.. First birth was 8 hours from first pain to birth, second baby was 6 hours and he was 10lb 11!!

This is my second and the sickness is lasting longer than before :( it stopped at 12 weeks exactly with my son, I'm 13 weeks now and still being and feeling sick :(

If I'm honest I feel like when I tell people I'm pregnant that I'm lying, if you know what I mean. I have awful symptoms (sickness, heartburn, tiredness, dizziness, odd bowel movements, bloating, back pain, sciatica) and have had 2 scans and hear te heartbeat daily. But despite all of that I don't feel like I am actually having a baby. I don't think that's a normal feeling either :( I'm scared something is going to go wrong and I think because of that I'm blocking out bonding with baby and that's causing all of the not believing feelings.

I hope it all goes when I start to feel baby move!

I'm pregnant with my second and I have to say I feel completely different. My first was planned and this one was a result of NTNP and I was quite shocked to find out I was pregnant. I feel like I'm waiting for something to go wrong, like when I go for a scan there will be nothing there. I was really happy at the beginning of my first pregnancy but I don't feel like that now, I feel scared daily. I'm very excited for my DD to have a sibling though :)

This is my second pregnancy and it's been really different from my first so far, mainly the nausea and extreme tiredness. Can't wait to get my energy back in a few weeks!

All going well this will be my 7th baby. I'm very relaxed but also have fast deliveries which scare me fastest being 28 mins.

Its been 9 years since my first. This time its diff because I'm married and in a healthy relationship...im still in shock and dont recall worrying at all with my son. I've been worried, blaming it my being seen so early.

This is my 3rd and wasn't planned unlike my other 2.

I have been more worried over the past few weeks, and those worries have been confirmed with my 12 weeks scan, baby is there which was wonderful, but then excess fluid in and around baby have given me a high risk pregnancy again. I feel more chilled out now that I know that my instincts that there was something wrong with the baby were right and now it's just a case of wait and see and further tests and additional scans!

Needless to say I want this baby very much and my 2 kids know about the baby and have explained that baby might be poorly - possibly one of the hardest things I've had to do so far was sit down and tell my 5 year old that without crying!!!

The pregnancy has been easier, I've not been as sick as I was on DD or DS but part of that could be different daddy!

Rambling now!! :) I definitely find that it's going quicker though!! :) xx

Rees I had too much fluid around baby on last pregnancy but everything was fine. Hope its the same for you x

This is #2. We we NTNP so not a complete shock, but a surprise all the same! I feel really weird about it. Last month, when I thought I might be preggo and wasn't I was disappointed.

This time I am... and I feel upset. Don't know why. I haven't even found the right way to tell DH yet. I am worried about work, about having the energy to keep up with two, about disrupting our perfect little threesome. Generally panicking.

So weird. I thought I wanted a second more than DH. Now I am worried sick about adding another into the mix.

Maybe because I have such a bad headache right now that I could cry... ugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->