Secret Baby Box

Jill, you made me laugh lol!

Read your signature and wanted to say good for you, going solo. Thats a big thing to do. Are you going through a clinic? My friend did it with a 'friend with benefits' :blush:

WOW i wish i could buy stuff. I never bought nothing for my baby i lost at 19 weeks, maybe i just knew:( first one i bought a few baby grows and a whole nursery after i was 6 months, reading this makes me want to buy stuff now... aw iam so inspired by you jill and your going to make a great MUMMY:)

I have a baby, baby box .... in that I've only just started collecting. Can't tell hubby as he thinks I'm obsessed already, so I show him little bits and bobs (to keep him broody) then explain it's for my new nephew (6 weeks) or my other niece/nephew (34 wks gestation) lol. Now .... Maternity clothes! Fabulous idea!!!

**trots off to eBay**

Well girls, I headed off to John Lewis where there are some lovely baby clothes and do you know what, I just couldn't bring myself to buy any - I went with intent on buying something in yellow, or mint then I got drawn to the blue section but couldn't do it. How weird is that - very unusual for me to have money in my pocket and not spend it at an opportunity! I'll therefore probably be one of those superstitious 'don't buy the pram too soon' people lol!

I have a baby bathtub I found at a yard sale. The other month I HAD to buy a little black bear fleece sleeper because I knew I might never see it when I am expecting someday. I expect that my baby's black hair will match perfectly with the black bears. My husband is from Colombia, he has the blackest hair you can imagine, and I dream of my babies with black hair. When I bought it, I took it home, and being a praying woman, I held it up before God, and I asked him to put a baby in it! I have faith he will. In my downstairs I have the box of other things I've found too, even a pregnant looking dress.
Funny thing is, before I was engaged I would never have allowed myself to try on a wedding dress! Yet here I am buying baby things!

I have a baby bathtub I found at a yard sale. The other month I HAD to buy a little black bear fleece sleeper because I knew I might never see it when I am expecting someday. I expect that my baby's black hair will match perfectly with the black bears. My husband is from Colombia, he has the blackest hair you can imagine, and I dream of my babies with black hair. When I bought it, I took it home, and being a praying woman, I held it up before God, and I asked him to put a baby in it! I have faith he will. In my downstairs I have the box of other things I've found too, even a pregnant looking dress.
Funny thing is, before I was engaged I would never have allowed myself to try on a wedding dress! Yet here I am buying baby things!

Now I like the sign of black - is it black velour? Thats classy. You don't often see black though, always pastel colours. I agree if baby has black hair it will look great! :flower:

Mistycat,
It's a very soft microfleece sleeper. The background color is like a darker slate blue, and there are black bears all over the sleeper. It is so sweet, and original. Maybe I thought it was a rare find too, since like you said, usually most of what you see for babies is pastels, maybe that's why it really caught my eye. I will someday have a very classy baby on my hands:))

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->