Secret Santa Advent Calendar Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CottlestonPie

Mummy to Toby
Reaction score
I've entered a secret santa with a twist this yesr. Instead of one present, I have to do an advent calendar... only problem is the budget.

Im only allowed to spend a max of £20.

24 presents for 20 quid is REALLY tricky!

Its in a fashion/beauty community so I want to do at least a few things along that theme but I'm totally stumped! Can anyone offer any ideas/advice please? DIY ideas are totally fine, but bear in mind i have to have this posted in 3 weeks to make sure its there on time.

I will update this later with my list so far... but right now the kids are asleep so im getting in the shower :haha:

I'd hit pound land they often have makeup bits like 2 or 3 nail polishes for £1 that you could split up? Also those wee face masks you can get for 79p does sound a bit tricky though easy to overspend!

Face masks, nail file, tweezers, makeup sponges, nail varnish, lip balm, false eyelashes, hair grips, bobbles, a few days could be sweets or chocolate which will be cheaper so you have more for the other days x

Yeah I would do what pp's have said also maybe bulk out put in some chocolates you can buy those small roses boxes for £1 you could one or two sweets in for a few of the days.

Poundland is definitely your friend! You could get nail art stickers (cut a sheet so it'll do you for a few days), bath bombs, emery boards, lip balm, Yankee tart, exfoliating gloves, sachets of beauty products (like the Aussie ones, you can get them at Wilko's)

I would also go to some consessions and ask for perfume
Samples these are fab over Christmas to pop in
A clutch and there free !!!!!

Primark have loads of false nails, eyelashes, make up, make up brushes, nail varnish etc for £1 or under.

Chelle that's a fab idea! I'll definitely be doing that :thumbup:
I definitely need to get to Poundland and see what goodies they have. A multipack of nailvarnish or something would be ideal.

I went to Primark and couldnt find the cosmetics bit :dohh: I did manage to get a scented candle in a jar though for 80p

So far I have:
Snowman earrings - 60p
Small jar candle - 80p
2 christmas chocolates (for 2 days) -£1 so 50p each
Random Acts Of Kindness book - 99p

5 days down, 19 to go!

Someone in the Christmas bargain thread said the glamour magazine comes with a £3 voucher for body shop, so you could buy the magazine for yourself and spend the voucher on a couple of soaps or something? Also, lots of websites offer free samples (shampoos etc) xx

Jenny said in the bargain thread about some shampoo for 50p in asda. Xx

- Snowman Earrings (bought) - $.60
- Random Acts Of Kindness Book (bought) - $.99
- Candle Jar (bought) - $.80
- Barry M Nail Varnish (bought)
- 3x Freddos (bought) - $.60
- Primark Earrings (bought) - $.50
- Primark Necklace 1 (bought) - $.50
- Shower Puff (bought) - $1
- Blqck Glitter Nail Polish (bought) - $1
- Maybelline Eyeshadow (bought) - $1
- Nail Files (bought) - $1
- Primark Necklace 2 (bought) - $1
- Mirror (bought) - $1
- Candy Floss Shower Gel (bought) - $1
- 2015 Diary (bought) - $1
- Shower Cap (bought) - $1
- Bath Fizzer (bought) - $1
- Hair Towel (bought) - $1

Ladies what would you think of this stuff if you got it? I still have 6 things to add to make it to 24 and have £5 left of the budget. I'm going to do some snowman soup and possibly make a bit of jewellery so they won't cost as I already have the bits.

I'm slightly lacking in inspiration just now :dohh:

I would buy a lip balm. I'm constantly losing mine. Also a lip gloss? Oh and hand or face cream?

dunno if its been suggested but the 3 for 2 in wilkos i got my nieces baubles with nail polishes and bath pearls in. £1 each but if you get 3 of the £1 things it works out ok for the advent calendar.

https://www.wilko.com/invt/0400256

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back