[Secret Santa] Ok we'll do it BUT ....

Hope everyone has a great time doing this! I will enjoy reading what everyone has got etc, but probably won't be allowed to be involved myself - I just don't have time to post as much as you other girls! xx

What are the limits for £ etc?

I might do it this year if not too much money? I didnt last year xx

£5 on gift then theres postage. Receipt is a must Im half tempted to make this years a recorded only posting. Would anyone be a bit off by that I don't believe its much more ...if anyone knows any info to hand? Also I have no idea how its works in other countries?

It's a low limit like 5 pounds usually I think. People CAN go over if they wish to and some do but that's their choice :)

what's a recorded only posting? I'm not sure if they have that here or not....

£5 on gift then theres postage. Receipt is a must Im half tempted to make this years a recorded only posting. Would anyone be a bit off by that I don't believe its much more ...if anyone knows any info to hand? Also I have no idea how its works in other countries?

You can get a proof of postage (or whatever it's called?) without having to pay any extra... not signed for or tracked or anything but at least you can then show it's been sent - think it's just like a receipt with the postcode, date, cost on it? x

yeh u can samsmam i get them with everything i post,they take the postcode and give u a recipt :thumbup: then u can track it etcx

Hmm I would love to do this but not sure if overseas are allowed and I doubt I will have enough posts. I just don't write as much as I used to lol.

Thats good then!

Im in!

Yes I think recorded is ok but dont it cost alot more for the bigger items?

post office website said:
Recorded Signed For™ costs just 75p plus First or Second Class postage and prices vary according to weight. Check the table below for the total price including Recorded Signed For™ cost:

https://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/content1?catId=500201&mediaId=51200698

but wots point of recorded when u get reciepts from normal post anyways ?!?

recorded has to be signed for, receipt of posting doesn't.

hence if it's been signed for at an address it's not "lost". But a received parcel could be lied about and declared as "lost" causing Wobbles and sender headaches.

I'd like to be in but I probably dont have enough post counts :(

but wots point of recorded when u get reciepts from normal post anyways ?!?

Recorded delivery covers your parcel to the value of £30 i think it is, a normal receipt won't get you anywhere if theres a problem.

How would that work with overseas postage though because international signed for is like £4.70 extra if i remember rightly? That might be getting a little costly for some?

Those prices for within the UK are just fine, hardly more expensive when you send it recorded delivery.

Maybe you could implement that rule for UK-UK deliveries, but simply require proof of postage (either a tracking number or receipt) for UK-USA/Canada or USA/Canada-UK? Just having some trouble trying to find recorded delivery when sending overseas, guess signed for would be the closest you get and sending a small package overseas isn't cheap as it is, so adding extra costs would be a little off putting.

However, requiring some sort of proof that your package has been send out sounds good to me! Maybe you can set up a website with a form on it, requiring people to fill in some details (ie. Username on here and who they're sending a package to) and attach a copy of their proof of postage. Set up a seperate email to receive these forms, that way you won't get a million PMs on here but can check to make sure who has send out their package already and have proof of postage right away to safe any conversations later on which might require someone to proof they have indeed send the gift. It's easier to get a copy of proof send out right away than having to dig out a receipt several weeks later (for un-organised people like me anyway ;)). I'm sure SC could figure out a way and set this up, but if not I'd be happy to get my DH on it in his spare time.

:wohoo:
So happy you reconsidered Wobbs!

I'm definitely in!

Yaaay!

What will the post count be Wobbs?

About 3 or 4000?

Vickie - I think it'd be considered "registered mail" here.
Only problem is, you have to have a valid return address for anything you need signing for incase the person isn't home after multiple delivery attempts... and last years format "Minnie Mouse - 123 Disney Street - Orlando, FL " etc, etc, wouldn't work! lol. I think they'd look at us like we were nuts!! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->