Section at 39 + 2 but what happens if.......????

mushy1981

Reaction score
Ladies

I have a section booked for 39+2 on Dec 12th due to a breech position but what happens if I go into labour before then??? I am totally confused and would hate to have complications if I was expected to give birth to a breech baby!:cry: I am scared that he will try and arrive early bum first, and things will go really wrong. :shrug:

Anyone had this happen or could explain what might happen?!

Would they scan me to see if baby is still breech then perform an emergency section????

HELP!! LOL

Thanks

Clare x

Not sure about situation if still breech but with DD I had a section booked and I went into labour the night before. I called the hospital and they told me to come straight in. When I got there the MW asked me if I wanted to push baby out. I said that I thought I wasn't meant to cos of size, etc so they just gave me EMCS. Might be worth having a chat with your MW/ consultant about their plan if you go into labour early x

my sis in law has had a c-section with all 4 kids. She had her c-sections booked for the last 3 and never made it to the date with any of them. As soon as she started contracting, she called the doctor and they told her to come in and get checked. She was dilating so they did a c-section immediately.

My first 2 were meant to be planned, but my waters broke and I went into labour 2 weeks before my section date both times. I just rang the labour ward, went in and they prepped me for theatre there and then. My midwife told me the same again this time. If your section is booked and anything happens before, just go in and you'll still get the section. xx

My first section was after a long labour, my second was planned but I didn't make it to my date. I went into labour in the middle of the night, went to hospital, waited for a theatre to be free and then they did it. It was fine. The thing I thought was reassuring about going into labour was I knew the baby was ready to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->