See heartbeat at 6weeks?

nicksi27

Reaction score
Hi ladies I've got an ultrasound scan booked for next Friday when I will be 6+0. Am I likely to see the heartbeat by then? My midwife actually lied to get me this scan (I thought I'd be having one at 8 weeks and she said she couldn't justify it and I'd just have one at 12 which i was disappointed about in view of previous history)so she said I'll ring the ultrasound dept and tell a white lie (told them I'd been having a few problems) so you can have a viability scan. I'm grateful for this but I'm worried that I won't be able to see the hb this early and I'll spend a week in turmoil waiting for another scan. Do you think I should ring them next Thursday and reschedule?

I had a scan at 5w6d and saw the heartbeat. I do think, however, that for as many people who do see a heartbeat at 6 weeks, there are just as many who don't. I see it all the time on here. If I wanted to be sure to see a heartbeat, I'd not go until I was 7 weeks. Congratulations and best of luck!

I think there is a good chance you won't be able to see it just yet. Closer to the 7-week mark might be a better idea.

I had a scan done at 5w6d (one day earlier than you're planning). There was no heartbeat yet. In fact, there was nothing but a perfectly round gestational sac. No yolk and no fetal pole either. The scan was just to rule out an ectopic, so I didn't have another until I was 11 weeks along. The wait (after not confirming a heartbeat) was absolutely excruciating.

It's a tricky one. I had an emergency scan at 7w and I saw the heartbeat. In reality I cannot be more than 6+3 or 4 though. Bubs was measuring at 6w though so there's a chance you could see it. However I had a scan at 6w (really 5+3 or 4) and we couldn't even see bubs, just the yolk sac. If you definitely want to see the hb it's probably safer to push it back as I think it's a bit hit and miss that early. Good luck.

With my first we didn't see the hb until 7+4 but with this one we saw it at 5+6...I would be tempted to wait another week to avoid panicking but easier said that done! Good luck xx

I saw heartbeat at 6+3 but if you want to be sure I would move your appt closer to 7 weeks . Chances of seeing heartbeat will be higher then X

With my daughter we saw the heartbeat at 6 weeks, although my dr told me that it was still early and okay if we didn't beforehand. I would ask to wait another week to have a better chance of being able to see it!

I usually have scans at 6 weeks and 8 weeks. With my first dd I saw a heartbeat at 6 weeks my second dd I didn't. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->