see you

mickey

Reaction score
I possibly will not be on regulary over the next time as I have to attend my LO with her eczma!

she is itching so much and I can't leave her alone for 10 minutes as she knows - if she wants to - how to get rid of the socks, which I put on her hands to stop her from scratching herself!

as well I have to distract her when she is awake to get her mind off the itching!

@ the moment we try E45 itch relief :baby:

:wacko: hope this is gonna get better soon :wacko:

Poor lil woman!

I hope it calms down soon for her :(

sorry to hear your lo has this - my 1st and 3rd had it - the 3rd was very bad (at times) im sure everyone has already told you their own solutoions but maybe some of this will help
Cetraben ceam from the doc - the only one to work on my dd - i even had to put it on her face and then wipe it off with cotton wool as any amount of water really flared her up
very few baths - i know she needs bathed to remove the dead skin but i only did it once a week and kept creaming her / removing with cotton wool to keep her clean
Wysoy - i know it can be slightly controversial but seriously it was a miricale for us and it is still mde by SMA so it has to pass rigious tests like all baby formula
your lo is probaby too young yet but NO COWS MILK eg cheese/milk/icecream/cream/yogurt etc - treat her like shes lactose intolerant
In terms of stoping the scratching the only way i could save the raw areas was to get bandages from the chemist and gauze - i put the cream on her legs eg. covered with gause and then used the bandage to keep it all in place - i used the slightly elasticated bandages that are like tubes so the stay on - i know this is only useful for arms/legs/ankels etc but my dd would have used even the carpet to rub her skin on!!!
i hope some of this has been of help but if not do remember that it generally eases over time and the babe gets older and can be reasoned with not to scratch but rub the skin

See I was told no uncertain terms to give Lucy Wysoy etc til atleast after 6 months.

Anyway Mickey-my youngest who is 5 months has quite severe eczema. She has been on antibiotics 3 times already for it along with, hydrocortizine cream daily, aqueous cream, oilatum, diprobase, you name it we've had it!

She is still in babygro's-no outfits as anything that touches her face flares it up-unfortuantely her eczema is the worst on her face, altho she has it on her body.

My oldest has asthma and Lucy has eczema-no one knows where the eczema comes from as her Dad and I only have asthma but apparently its in the same category!

My GP who is also a dermatologist and runs a skin clinic told me that its most likley she will have grown out of it by age 3! No consollation just now when her poor face is like a tomato!

She too constantly itches and only until last week she was wearing mots 24-7!

Good luck with it hun, they say there is times of "remission" where it eases up, over the past 5 months little Lucy hasnt had any eczema free time!

Nothing takes hers away, it just contains it.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"