Seeing Kicks on the Outside

Beth04

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I'm in a bit of a panic at the moment. I'm 15+5, and last night while in the tub, I saw the baby kick several times. It seems so early. I'm wondering whether I may be further along than I thought. I haven't had an ultrasound done yet (they only do one here unless there are complications). I was quite sure on my dates, but I did spot in my first pregnancy and am thinking that maybe I mistook a bunch of spotting for a period in July? Just seeing if anyone has had a similar experience of a baby kicking (and being seen on the outside) so early.

I only saw kicks from the outside more recently in the last 2 weeks but I also have an anterior placenta so that could make a difference.

You may also be ahead of what you except. I actually had a completely normal period when I got my positive tests so if I hadn't tested I would have thought I got pregnant the next cycle and I would be thinking I'm only 19 weeks when I'm actually 23.

Was the test line pretty solid when you tested?

I took three tests- the first was a cheap dollar store test and it was negative. The others were first response and the line was fairly light.

Could b baby this early it's not common but not totally uncommon either ,I have felt movement as early as 15 weeks and as late as around 24 weeks ,I'm pretty I too have felt movement already this time and I'm 15+1 but not seen anything but I do have a bit of extra weight lol x

With first I didn't see baby kicks on the outside until probably 24 weeks or so, but with the last two it's been right about 16 weeks. So I don't think you're too early!

In the tub I saw what appeared to be kicks on the outside as well. They were so notable that the water in the tub actually moved from them... I was super excited for a moment, thinking it must be the baby. Then I remember I am 14 weeks and settled down. This is my fourth baby, so while I know they looked like kicks, I also knew they couldn't be.

I rubbed the area where the kicks happened, and found it was actually a bit tender.

What I was actually seeing (and likely you as well) was a muscle spasm brought on by all the stretching going on inside the uterus etc. This early on baby isn't quite big/strong enough to show movement on the outside.

So don't worry too much, if it keeps happening ask your doctor. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->