Semen Analysis results

Should I put DH on Menevit? It's got zinc, Vit C, Vit E and folate plus others. What about L-carnitine? I heard about using Clomid for guys too, anybody hear that?

I've not heard about Clomid for men so no help I'm afraid.

Menevit sounds like a good option :thumbup:

DHs SA results came back today.

Appearance: Watery
Volume: 4 ml (2-6)
Motility: L 0 % (>50)
Sperm concentration: L 1 X10*6/ml (>20)
Live Spermatozoa: 17%
Morphology (%Normal): 5%

Can someone please analyse these for me? They aren't good, but is there a possibility at least?

With 0% motility there is 0 possibility of getting pregnant. (it means none of the sperm are moving!) However, don't panic!! The semen analysis is a snapshot in time, and fresh sperm is produced in 3 months cycles.

Trying to figure out the cause of the bad results would be helpful, perhaps heat of some sort is cooking the sperm (tightie whities, hot baths, laptop on lap all the time etc.), maybe its a vitamin deficiency, or an infection that needs to be treated. Hopefully your doctor can refer your dh to a urologist.

The urologist told DH that he could knock me up, but that it would take longer....
He has 2% morphology....We will probably get another SA in Sept-Oct....

The urologist told DH that he could knock me up, but that it would take longer....
He has 2% morphology....We will probably get another SA in Sept-Oct....

Indigo, get him on the cocktail...fixed my hubby's in 3 months

What is this cocktail you speak of?! My DH doing his SA this week - I want to be ready with the answer for any issues!

I'm a SMIDGE apprehensive because he does like his a) coffee and b) beer......

What is this cocktail you speak of?! My DH doing his SA this week - I want to be ready with the answer for any issues!

I'm a SMIDGE apprehensive because he does like his a) coffee and b) beer......

The Cocktail it's post #140 end of page 14

DH's results:

Semen volume:****3.5 mL ( 2-6 )
Semen viscosity:****Increased
Total Motility(a+b):****41 % ( 50-100 ) AA
Rapid Progress (a):****39 % ( 25-100 )
Slow progress (b):****2 %
Non-Progressive(c):****5 %
Non-motile (d):****54 %
Sperm concentration:****289 x 10*6/mL ( 20-200 )

Think that looks ok? They don't seem to have done pH and morphology like all of yours have - weird. Seems mostly to be ok anyway. The motility is a smidge on the low side but the count is pretty high, so hopefully there's enough there overall...

DH's results:

Semen volume:****3.5 mL ( 2-6 )
Semen viscosity:****Increased
Total Motility(a+b):****41 % ( 50-100 ) AA
Rapid Progress (a):****39 % ( 25-100 )
Slow progress (b):****2 %
Non-Progressive(c):****5 %
Non-motile (d):****54 %
Sperm concentration:****289 x 10*6/mL ( 20-200 )

Think that looks ok? They don't seem to have done pH and morphology like all of yours have - weird. Seems mostly to be ok anyway. The motility is a smidge on the low side but the count is pretty high, so hopefully there's enough there overall...

so did you get him on the "cocktail" too. Usually it takes 3 months to show difference

Reading about this 'cocktail' -- I have to say, I'll bet it has its merits...

I have noticed a difference in DH's sperm viscosity when he is in Cairo for extended periods of time , compared to when he is home in North America...mediterranean diet makes a difference...compared to when he is 'here' ....

..we're going overseas soon too...and here I thought it was just the water from the Nile that made one more fertile :lol: j/k.......

PS...

My hubby with his 2% morphology knocked me up on cycle #8.

It seems like the morphology bit is not that important. :flower:

Morph doesn't mean crap bc N's is 76%...he just doesn't have the swimmers to go with it.:cry:

Hi, i've read all the posts & was happy to see many are pregnant based on your signatures.

is anyone going thru this or went thru and has any info to share?

we're trying to find a fertility accupunturist in toronto & will start that too. next month my husband sees a urologist. i've been extremely depressed since we found the news 3 wks ago :cry: but i'm actually feeling a bit better these past few days.

me: 42, test results i'm told are fine. i have 8-9 follicles on left and 1 on right. fsh is 5.

husband: 40 at end of December.
low sperm of less than 1 million
motility: "few"
morphology: too low count to do
4 yrs ago his sperm count was fine so i don't know what's going on.

Free testosterone 22.8 pmol/L (normal range is 31.0 - 94.0 pmol/L) (or 6.2 pg/ml)
FSH 32 IU/L (normal range is 2-12 IU/L)

Supplements he's taking are: good multi, L Carnitine, Macca, Bee pollen and Wheat germ (put on cereal), top quality CoQ10 (Inno-Vite, Ino-Q-Nol, stabilized coQ10 Ubiquinol), Ester C, Zinc, Astalagus, top quality Grape Seed, Selenium, E. I've taken vitamins for decades, i now take a good multi, extra CoQ100 & D, Macca, Wild Yam, bee pollen, wheat germ.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->