Sense of Smell

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by bump0911, Jan 25, 2011.

1. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

Anyone else noticed this changing? Everything smells sweet to me at the moment!

2. SilverWillow

SilverWillow 1 girl, cooking #2

Yes definitely, I can smell everything so strongly, only everything smells gross to me, especially coffee and cat food! I can't stand the smell of these, DH has to spray room freshener and shut the door if he wants a coffee or to feed the cats bless him :)

3. bump0911

bump0911 Well-Known Member

I'm with you on coffee - I used to always make DH a cup of coffee throughout the day but he is having to do it himself now because it's too much for me!

4. babyblessed

babyblessed Well-Known Member

yes, every smell really strong to me, not wearing perfume as i feel so sick i dont want my perfume to remind me of that feeling when i feel better!

5. SilverWillow

I've been thinking this too, am I ever going to get used to these smells again or will they always remind me of feeling sick!

6. AngellXeyesO

AngellXeyesO Well-Known Member

I feel like a blood hound. I can smell everything. BD was making me soup yesterday and from the bathroom I smelt him put in garlic! eww not to mention the roses he got me... do not smell good... I don't wear my perfume either, nor can I feed my cats either!

7. babyblessed

yeh my OH has an aftershave he wore when i was pregnant with my second and i cant let him wear it anymore :dohh:

8. SilverWillow

Ewww so it does stay with you then oh dear! Poor DH may never be able to enjoy a morning coffee in my presence again!
    Another thing that I can't even stand to think of because it makes me feel so sick is Cocoa butter cream! I started putting it on my belly every day to prevent stretch marks and suddenly it started to smell vile and remind me of feeling sick :(

9. babyblessed

dont worry, i am usually a coffee addict and though i hate the smell at the mo my love has definately come back last time :coffee: :happydance: