Separated from DH during Pregnancy?

Lirpa11

Reaction score
Just wondered if any ladies have lived separate to hubby during any of your pregnancy?

We have just found out we are expecting our first child :happydance: We are also in the process of re-locating to USA from Australia.

Due to a hold up with US immigration, I am going to go over to USA in February, and DH will follow as soon as possible. He has to wait to be approved and have an interview, I am hoping it will only be for a couple of months at worst!

Just wondering if anyone else has also been separated for a bit :( I don't want to be but it means I can get us set up in USA so we are ready for our jelly bean baby to come along!

We will probably be separate for the last month of my pregnancy and around 2 months after. I think he will get the odd weekend here and there but we don't know for sure what will happen. I'm planning to stay with family though as I don't think I can look after our one year old and newborn all by myself in the early days.

I hope your dh can follow sooner than expected!

Yes, you aren't alone! I am expecting our 3rd child currently and I am in the USA and he is still in Egypt. Nothing is preventing him from coming however, he is an American citizen. I am not quite sure if he will be joining me and his two older children anytime soon. We were together for the duration of my 1st pregnancy and he was there for the birth. For our 2nd- he was in NC and I was in NY. I was already set up with my doctors and all and didn't want to move and start over. It is a bummer not having him here- but he honestly wasn't much help in the delivery room the 1st time around lol. Good luck to you both, a separation isn't ideal but it is possible.

While I was pregnant my boyfriend and I had to live separately from 21 weeks until baby was delivered at 36 weeks, he was living at home and I was on a psychiatric ward, admittedly we saw each other most days but I don't remember much of anything. I don't remember what my house was like before the baby and then coming home with a baby to somewhere I hadn't been for 4months is still very odd.

this is likely going to be my situation. ive just found out im pregnant and baby will be born in september. we are thinking of relocating back to the uk where my family are when im 7 months but hubby cant come till hes job closes after the season.that will be beginning of november.so he will miss the last few months and a few after the baby is born. im more upset about it than he is to be honest. but i will have all my family around to help so i know i will have a great support sysetm and i think thats what is making him feel ok

Thanks ladies, I leave in 9 days.... DH will be 2-4 months behind me. So nervous about it but he will be in the usa by the birth and he will skype me and we will talk early every day so we should be fine.

He has worked away (2 weeks work away from home, 1 week at home) for 4 years so it won't be too bad.nit will just be like a longer work stint. He has been away 5-6 weeks at one time, so hopefully this is only 12 weeks max that we are apart and then he will be with us again. Fingers crossed!

I love how positive you're being about it. Won't be to long till he joins you!

My dh left for training (active duty army) when I was just 12 weeks pregnant, he didn't come home until dd1 was 1 week old and then had to leave again after. 2 week visit until she was 3 months old, after that I flew across the country by myself with a 3 month old to live with him and the army wouldn't let him live with me until a month later!!! It was a rough time but I made it and so can you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->