September/October '16 Babies!!!!! :D

I know exactly what you mean!!! It feels like FOREVER since I got my BFP and I still have 26 days to go until ultrasound day!!! Is time moving backwards? :haha:

They were originally going to schedule my US appt. on Feb 15th (7wks 1day) to see the heartbeat...but DH would've only JUST gotten out of the hospital, so I pushed it back a week to Feb, 22nd. A torturous decision to wait even longer, but I REALLY want DH to be there!!!!
...Oh, the things I do for him...LOL! :)

I have to send a urine sample in for pregnancy testing, it seems my doctors don't trust to know when we are pregnant. My mate, her gp's just take her word for it.

A scan seems ages away just yet. I'm off on holiday next week, I'm looking forward to it but hoping & praying that the morning sickness hasn't kicked in by then, I have a two hour plane ride with my two kids, my God son, my mum & dad, my mate & his son. I don't want to be telling anyone just yet but if I'm feeling awful I may have too!

I hear ya, Torz. I don't want to announce it yet either, but the other receptionist (a crotchety 77yr old who sits about 3 feet away from me ALL DAY at work) keeps using this incredibly strong lotion and it is having a negative effect on me already.

I don't know what to do! She gets offended super easily so I can't just say I need her to stop using that lotion, but she's a huge gossiper so I can't tell her WHY either! Though honestly, I have a feeling she'd make a huge deal out of her right to use whatever lotion she wants and go make a fuss in the manager's office behind my back. She really irritates me sometimes.

If it weren't for her, I'd be able to say, "I'll really miss everyone I work with when I leave to be a full time momma". Instead, there are times I find myself counting the days until I'm free from her constant presence. :-/

Pardon the rant...I'm a bit irritated with her at the moment. :)

Uh no scan here in the UK until 12 weeks that's pretty much the first consultation. My gp just took my word for it last time referred me to hospital and I got an appointment through for in 12 weeks. Trouble is I'm hypothyroid and should be monitored closely blood wise last time they did my bloods every month during my last pregnancy so I might phone as I've not had bloods since last January seriously my gp are shocking!!

florence...It sucks that the doctors seem less concerned than they should be.

When I called in the news to my OBGYN's nurse, I had to bring up my previous MCs myself and ask if I ought to be put on progesterone as a precaution. Sometimes you can't trust that they have you completely covered...important specifics about your situation can always be missed, so I'd say its a very good idea to push for a blood test asap. We don't want to take any unnecessary chances. :)

NMV sorry to hear about the fussy lady at your work with the smelly lotion- I can relate because I am hugely sensitive to smells (pregnant or not) and that would really bother me. I'm in grad school and have some three and four hour seminars to attend each week, and the room we use is so stuffy and cramped and filled with smells.... I don't know how I will handle that later down the road XD

Torz Good luck on your holiday! I hope it goes well and morning sickness free :winkwink:

We will be seeing a midwife, but I am unsure when to ring them up- should I call now to make the appt for 8 or 9 weeks, or just wait until later? Based on ovulation my EDD is Oct 6

Hey ladies! :wave:

I am 5 weeks today! I found out I was pregnant January 19th at 12dpo :D this is my first pregnancy so Ive had all kinds of emotions this past week aND a half! My EDD is apparently September 30th but I feel it will be an October baby.

My pregnancy journal is linked in my siggy if any of you want to stalk :flow:

Welcome Icecreamtwist...Congratulations!!!! :hugs:
This will be my first child as well, and I'm already in deep planning mode!

salamalopolis...I'm really considering going the midwife route, myself. I've already done research into the natural birthing center in my area and I really like it!! I'm pretty set on no pain meds and using a birthing pool, but my mother hemorrhaged with me, so I'm nervous about not being in a hospital, just in case. I'll have to discuss these things with my husband...maybe see if there's a hospital that will let me set up a birthing pool there and just leave me alone largely, unless medical intervention is needed! :haha:

Anyway, I'd say you should give your midwife a call and see what they recommend, timing wise. :)

Hi ladies,

Can I join too please? Got a BFP this morning and that gives me an EDD of 8 October.
Eep, excited but also nervous too.

I have two beautiful boys already, 4.5 and 1.5 (they even have the same birthday!) - DS1 was born at 29 weeks and we have a 25% chance of it happening again. DS2 was perfect so hope this one is too! (DS1 is now too but it was certainly a challenging start to parenthood!)

I'm going to make a Dr appointment for Thursday as I will need to be referred to the high risk clinic. Also I may request a dating scan as my AF has been all over the place since I finished BF last August.

Congratulations to the new mums to be joining us!!

This is my first baby too so excited but also get these waves of feeling terrified every now and then. I hope that's normal? Stinky lotion sounds terrible. I'm so sensitive to smells at the moment too. No morning sickness yet, maybe I'll be one of those lucky ones. Haven't been to seey doctor yet. Will probably go in next week and now sure when ill get an ultrasound appointment.. Wow that will make everything seem very real!

Just got my BFP today! Haven't seen the doctor yet, but due date calculators give me October 9th!

Hello Ladies!!!!

Can I join???

Got my :BFP: blood work today also! So excited. It's 12:30 am and I'm still just searching and reading... so much to learn lol.

This will be my first after TTC for 3 years. I pretty much will have to go get blood work done every other business day until my HCG reaches 1k. Then ultrasound at week 6. Exciting.

EDD Thur, Oct 13th. I'm just glad it's a Thursday heheh.

@NMV - where app are you using to set your pregnancy milestones?

Oh boy I really thought I was gonna be one of those lucky ones that escaped morning sickness but it's hit me hard theast two days. Vomiting and nauseas all day and I can't eat anything. So to not really vomiting more just dry reaching because he thought of eating anything makes me want to vomit. All I've eaten the last two days is a couple of crackers. Oh man, any advice ladies?

Im on a buddy hunt!
I posted in the intro section aswell...
Hi I am Octavia.
Mummy to two girlies ages 5.5 and nearly 4.
In april 2014 i had a mmc and then subsequently struggled to conceive, i have endometriosis and also as it turns out i have a tumour up in my brain area! Sounds much more exciting than it is.
But in december i was started on meds for my tumour and low n behold, positive pregnancy test!
I am scared that ill have another mmc and find out at the scan the baby has died but for now i am keeping as positive as i can and going with the flow! Already look obviously pregnant... :dohh:
I live in yorkshire and look forward to getting to know you x

Oh boy I really thought I was gonna be one of those lucky ones that escaped morning sickness but it's hit me hard theast two days. Vomiting and nauseas all day and I can't eat anything. So to not really vomiting more just dry reaching because he thought of eating anything makes me want to vomit. All I've eaten the last two days is a couple of crackers. Oh man, any advice ladies?
Samanthatc!! Mine has started today I can't move without vomiting I wasn't like this with DS I just cooked his tea and was wretch in I can't keep water down its coming straight back!! What r we supposed to do last time I cud go to bed and feel sorry for my self now I have a 19 month old trying to shove a sausage in my mouth . Head is banging. I had nausea last time but not sickness and I used anti sickness wrist bands I've just ordered some more they got rid of nausea last time I'm hoping they do the trick xx

Samanthatc!! Mine has started today I can't move without vomiting I wasn't like this with DS I just cooked his tea and was wretch in I can't keep water down its coming straight back!! What r we supposed to do last time I cud go to bed and feel sorry for my self now I have a 19 month old trying to shove a sausage in my mouth . Head is banging. I had nausea last time but not sickness and I used anti sickness wrist bands I've just ordered some more they got rid of nausea last time I'm hoping they do the trick xx

Omg I don't know how I'd manage with a 19 month old as well! I've just been in bed all day and every time I try to move I feel like I need to vomit. Anti nausea wrist bands? I'm ordering some, I'll try anything! I also took a B vitimin yesterday morning and I think it may have helped a tiny bit. I managed to keep down a piece of toast!! I just weighed myself and I've lost 3 kg since Wednesday... Guess that's what happens when you don't eat! ive also ordered some lollies online called preggie pops, heard they can help?

Just laying in bed with my sea bands on now. Fingers crossed this does the trick :)

Uh mine r coming Tuesday can't wait. I wasn't sick overnight and like u av lost weight I just feel so weak and headache Probs dehydrated. Luckily DH is home today and got up with DS even with a hangover might send him to chemists to get some sea bands can't be like this until Tuesday . Hope ur feeling better soon will look into the lollipops xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->