*~*~*September Sweetpeas 2013 - 120 preggos - 21 Babies Born So Far*~*~*

Amelia Marie born September 15 at 641 pm weighing 7 lbs 11oz and 22 inches long :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 3
Full moon is Thursday for us here in Ohio!
Here is to hoping it pops me into labor... that way I can have my little bean on my anniversary! (September 20th)

Son no 2 born at 3:55pm yesterday 16th Sept went into birthing centre room at 12pm so got to it quickly.. 8 pounds 11 ounces not agreed on name yet! Likely Hugo Maximillion... Used tens machine from early labour then gas and air and nothing during pushing phase.. 2nd degree tear but no stitches needed. Baby came out sideways covered in membranes past the neck.. I shook and shivered after pain of pushing and they covered me with about 6 blankets but I soon recovered.. Wouldn't of changed experience and choice I made to do naturally.. Pushed whenever I felt the urge with midwife encouragement.. Good luck ladies its soon over trust in ur selves!! Xx

Lily Elizabeth was born at 1:40 am on September 13th, her due date. She was 7 pounds even and 19 inches.

Med-free, doula assisted hospital birth story:
My first contraction was at 6 am on the morning of the 12th. Contractions would be regular for a while, die out, and come back. This happened most of the day. I was in complete denial that she was really coming! Just went about my normal day (including visiting friends at 5:30 pm and going out to dinner at 7 pm -- all while having contractions!). Contractions were 3-5 minutes apart starting at 5 pm and went to 2-3 minutes apart around 8 pm. I used my breast pump (10 minutes on one side, 8 minutes on the other) at 4:30 and I think that's what jump started things.

My doula came over at 8:30 pm which is when contractions got more intense. I had been feeling all my contractions in my back so we did lots of things to try to get baby to change positions but to no avail. My doula did a lot of hip squeezes which helped tremendously! I got in my bath tub about 10:45 and my water broke in the tub around 11 pm. I said I wanted to go to the hospital shortly thereafter and said that I wanted an epidural (my birth plan was to go naturally and after this comment, I didn't mention it again). We got around and drove to the hospital (somehow I was able to keep my composer in the car and felt relatively little pain). Arrived at the hospital at midnight and triage took 40 minutes (and they wouldn't let my doula come back!). I was 5 cm upon admission.

By the time I got to my room, I was in transition. We immediately filled up the tub and as I undressed, my entire mucus plug fell out. I had three contractions in the tub. On my 3rd one, my doula asked if I was pushing. At first, I said no but then I said I wasn't sure. I was just trying to relax and my body naturally pushed. She told me to get out of the tub immediately (no water births are allowed at the hospital). My nurse checked me and I was 8-9 cm. We called my doctor in (he was already on the floor as he had recently delivered another baby). By the time he came in (about 10 minutes) I was fully dilated. I pushed in a side lying position for about 25 minutes. The baby's heart rate kept dropping during contraction (from 130 to 95) due to coming down the birth canal so quickly. They gave me some oxygen but by the time they got it, I was on my second to last contraction. She came out with her head sideways and screamed before her body was out. I flipped from my side to my back and my doctor placed her up on my chest. It was so amazing! DH cut the cord and we did skin-to-skin for an hour before she was weighed and checked.

I feel so fortunate to have had exactly the birth I had envisioned. We are so in love with our baby girl. We've been home a couple days now. The nights are a bit rough but not too bad. I'm so happy with my little family!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 0
My baby boy was born Sept 15! It was such an easy labor. I went from googling "Am I in labor" to running in the birth center an hour later stripping in the lobby b/c I had the urge to push. I can't believe I went so fast for a first time mom! Everybody is happy and healthy. :)

I forgot to post
I was due 9/15/13
Our Lil girl came early..
Callie Faye was born Aug 23, 2013
4lb 15oz 18in @10:17am

Callie was born with breathing problems, so she spent a week in the children hospital nicu. She is doing wonderful now! Growing and thriving!

Our baby girl made her appearance yesterday. We'd been monitoring my fluid levels and yesterday it dropped to a concerning low. Went to the hospital for induction. Received pitocin at 1:30pm and active labor started about 1:45-2pm. My water was broken by the doctor at 4:30pm an internal check showed about 3cm & 80% effaced. An hour later I was complete and baby was coming. She was born at 5:32pm while I was waiting for my epidural... 6lbs 7oz and 20 inches long :)

I am fianally in labor! Will update soon, currently 7cm and just got my epidural :)

Congrats to everyone who's had their baby!
Tekkitten: hope your labour's quick and that you've had your baby now!

Beca :wave:

congrats to the ladies who have recently met their sweetys :cloud9:

tekkitten- hope youve met your lo by :flower:

My little CuppyCake is 2 weeks old today...time is going way too fast! :cry:

https://i1005.photobucket.com/albums/af180/Guppy051708/528177_193699044145107_556561052_n_zpsa6702304.jpg

Oh my gosh... Ellara is here, photo and birth story to follow, was quite epic for a first time. 33 hour labor in total

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->