Serious stabbing/stitch ache pain in back under rib?! Left side. IN AGONY

Babybump2017

Reaction score
First move I made was call the midwife who advised me to call my doctor who's going to call me back some point today ..

But I've just been sent home from work in absolute agony - in tears most of the morning (and I never cry over pain!)

It's hard to explain but it's almost like a constant stitch with the odd stabbing/throbbing every few seconds. In my back, left side sort of behind my rib but has been higher up and lower down at times! I am naturally big boobed and also sit at a desk all day which I'm not sure if it's where I'm slouching that's causing this - honestly though this isn't a back ache it's a real pain. I have a pregnancy pillow, warm baths and hot water bottles ease it temporarily but I can still feel the pain there and the minute I get out of the bath it's the same situation again.

I went to the doctors for it on Monday and she almost made it seem normal but I can't see how this amount of pain can be. Has anyone else been in the same boat? Or in the same boat now? I get relief from stretching my side right out :nope: other than that I don't know what to do for the better, I'm in complete agony - to the point I haven't had an appetite to eat a single thing today and I was in so much pain driving home from work I was all over the place where I just can't think straight! Help :cry:

It feel like early on I had pains somewhat like that but they definitely weren't as severe or constant. They'd only happen in about five minute increments and had me in tears as well. I had scans after the first round of them and everything looked fine. Best I could figure out was I was having back spasms. Thankfully I've not had them since around week 8. I hope yours subsides soon and end up just being a very painful nothing memory of the past.

I was about to say that it could be coming from your kidney because of where you described the pain. Did you get antibiotics to clear up the infection? Hope you feel better soon:hugs: x

Yeah she's given me a course. If I'm honest I'm so angry. the fact she didn't even bother checking my urine etc on Monday when I went. This could have been cleared up by now if she had of done her job properly in the first place. I was so close to not ringing her again as I don't really fancy being thought of as a hypercondriac - thank god I did

Oh ouch :( kidney infections are horrible! I ended up in hospital for a week with one a few years back! I had one last year too and felt dreadful! And that's without being pregnant as well!

Drink all the water you can, I bought a litre bottle and made sure I drank at least 2.5 litres a day, on top of my usual glasses of Coke or juice. It helped with a lot with the pain & discomfort.

Hope you are feeling much better soon, antibiotics usually do a good job after a few days!

Thank you!
Yeah I've only taken 3 so far and already I'm more comfortable :)
Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->